Today, just in time for Grouponicus, we’re announcing our latest, greatest and substantially upgraded iPad app – Groupon HD for iPad (v.1.5).
iPad 1.5 is our first major refresh since we launched our original app in April 2011, and brings our iPad app up to par with our highly-rated iPhone and Android apps.
- A gorgeous new look that that makes it easier to explore Local deals, Groupon Goods and Getaways
- An all-new “Nearby” tab, including:
- A gallery view of deals close by
- A new “map view” that lets you see exactly where all your nearby deals are located
- The ability to filter deals by category (e.g., Food & Drink, Health & Beauty) to make it faster to find the deals you really want
- Improved Facebook iOS 6 integration for sharing your deals
- Support for promotional and gift codes
- Support for six new markets: Singapore, Sweden, Netherlands, Australia, Hong Kong and Brazil
With this release, our iPad app will be available in the U.S., Canada and eleven other markets around the world. And the timing couldn’t be better; according to a survey conducted by Mary Meeker at VC firm Kleiner Perkins, iPad adoption has been historically fast – it’s grown 3x faster in its first 10 quarters than even the mighty iPhone!
So please join us in welcoming the new iPad 1.5 app available in the iPad App Store today and let us know what you think of it in the comments below!
GM Consumer Mobile