Today we’re announcing our first Groupon Goods contest hosted on their shiny new Facebook page. Give it a “Like” and you’ll be tuned in to exclusive Facebook deals, exciting giveaways, and other surprises!
Here’s the contest: We’ve zoomed-in uncomfortably close on one of the products currently featured on our Groupon Goods page. If you can identify what it is, you could see it up close and person–because it could be yours!
Head on over to the Groupon Goods Facebook page and take a guess in the comments for a chance to win. All correct answers will go into a pool and we’ll pick a winner at random!
If you want to try your hand at some legalese, the complete rules are after the break. Good luck!
* * * * *
GROUPON NAME THAT PRODUCT CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. From time to time Groupon will initiate a Name That Product Contest (each a “Contest”) by placing a close up picture of a product on its Facebook page and ask Facebook fans to guess the product in order to have the opportunity to be entered into a random drawing to win that prize. You may enter a Contest during the time period stated on the Facebook posting announcing each Contest (“Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and D.C., Canada (other than Quebec) and where prohibited. Employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, distributors, retailers, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and the immediate families and household members of each are not eligible.
3. ENTRY: ENTER ONLY BY FACEBOOK: To enter a Contest, just go to Groupon’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/groupon, and guess the product being shown by placing your answer in the comments section of the Facebook page. You must be a friend of Groupon’s Facebook page to enter. LIMIT: one (1) entry per person, or household per Contest. Duplicate entries will result in your disqualification. All entries submitted become the sole property of Groupon, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Groupon”) and none will be returned. No mechanically reproduced, or photocopied entries allowed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries. Though Facebook is not a sponsor of any Contest, Facebook’s terms of service apply. All non-responsive entries, entries that, in Groupon’s sole discretion are not responsive or appropriate, may be disqualified and removed.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All eligible entries will be reviewed by Groupon and the entries from those who, in Groupon’s sole determination and discretion, have successfully identified the product shown on the site will be entered into a random drawing by which one to win the prize.
4. PRIZES: One prize per Contest–the winner will win the prize depicted. We can’t describe the prize in more detail here because then we would be giving the answer away!
Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission from the prize winner for Sponsor and its public relations/promotional agencies to use the prize winner’s name, prize, biographical information, state of residence and likeness for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes online and in print, or in other media, in connection with the contest without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
5. TERMS & CONDITIONS: Winners will be notified by Facebook messaging and will be required to respond within 3 days as well as execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) within 14 days of notification (first attempted delivery) or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. In the event of any dispute regarding who is the entrant that submitted an e-mail entry, the potential winner must provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. By entering, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution permitted, except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes, and any other related expenses on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to provide information necessary (e.g. social security number) for issuance of appropriate tax documentation. Any form of entry other than as specified in these rules is prohibited.
By accepting prize, winner agrees that neither Sponsor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and/or any of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, distributors, employees or promotion/advertising agencies will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage, cost, or expense arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize related activities, or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, any personal injury or death. By accepting prize, winner acknowledges that Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and/or any of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, distributors, employees or promotion/advertising agencies have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including but not limited to its quality or merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations apply.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible entries, nor for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
7. OTHER. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may disqualify any entrants from the contest who deliberately damage, tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest.
8. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER’S LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (residents of Vermont may omit return postage) postmarked on or before ________ to: Name That Product Contest Rules, c/o Groupon, Inc. 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654. The winner’s name and prize will be posted on Groupon’s Facebook page within approximately a week after the winner is chosen.
Sponsor: Groupon, Inc. 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654