- Denver – Food Bank of the Rockies – Help distribute Kids Totes of Hope packs to local children
- San Diego- Feeding America San Diego – Distribute nutritious meals to local families, children, and seniors
- Atlanta – Atlanta Community Food Bank – Distribute food to underserved children, seniors, and families
- Las Vegas – Three Square Food Bank – Feed hungry individuals in the Las Vegas area
- San Jose – Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties – Feed hungry individuals across the San Jose region
- Detroit – Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan – Feed hungry neighbors throughout the region
- Phoenix – St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance – Feed hungry families throughout central and northern Arizona
- San Francisco – SF-Marin Food Bank – Provide nutritious meals for people in need of food assistance
- St. Louis – St. Louis Area Food Bank – Feed local families and seniors
- Orange County – Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County – Feed hungry individuals and families across the region
- Minneapolis – Second Harvest Heartland – Distribute wholesome meals to individuals in need in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas
- Seattle – Food Lifeline – Feed underserved people across western Washington
- Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services – Provide food, clothing, and educational services to underserved families and individuals
Parking spots or People Spots? Blank walls or murals? Car traffic or foot traffic? As cities continue to grow, these questions push the creative and effective utilization of public spaces to the forefront. In response, government agencies, business associations and community groups across the country have embraced creative placemaking as a tool to mobilize communities and develop local economies.
Placemaking exists both in practice and philosophy, making it difficult to communicate an agreed upon definition and implementation strategy. According to Peter Skosey, executive vice president at Metropolitan Planning Council, “It’s easy to see the block party, but it’s not easy to see the foundations of a more participatory community being laid.” Continue Reading
Today we’re happy to announce we’ve acquired Swarm Mobile, a San Francisco-based company that provides an analytics and customer engagement platform for brick-and-mortar retail businesses.
Founded in 2012 by Rudd Davis and Ryan Denehy, Swarm is a pioneer in the retail analytics space, developing a line of smart devices utilizing Bluetooth, infrared and Wi-Fi technology. Merchants use Swarm’s data analytics and customer relationship management tools to drive sales and create closer, long-term relationships with consumers. At Groupon, the Swarm team will put those assets to work enhancing our Local Commerce Platform and Merchant Operating System.
The more merchants understand about consumer shopping habits, the more customers benefit through specialized offers, tailored notifications and the opportunity to provide real-time feedback. We’re excited to have Swarm join us in our mission to connect local commerce.
Swarm’s team will join our MOS organization in San Francisco and will continue to develop its product portfolio and partner roster, including integrations with a number of leading point-of-sale providers.
We now can tell you how to get to Sesame Street. We’ve partnered with Sesame Workshop to support development of a new autism initiative, “See Amazing in All Children.” The Workshop’s project is being designed to help the general public develop an understanding of children with autism and demonstrate the commonalities that all children share.
With your support and *donation of $10 to this initiative, you have a chance to win a trip to NYC and attend a live taping and get a behind the scenes tour.
“Sesame Street has a long history of addressing diversity and reducing stigma, “ said Sherrie Westin, Chief Marketing Officer of Sesame Workshop. “This initiative aims to promote acceptance and inclusion by highlighting the commonalities children with autism share with all children. Thanks to Groupon, who will help us raise funds to support these efforts, we will be able to leverage the power of our engaging Muppets to bring this message to children, families, and communities.”
Check out the video produced in partnership with Mashable to support the Groupon campaign and Sesame Workshop and to help spread awareness about autism.
Make sure to follow “Mashable” and “Groupon.com” on Snapchat to get an exclusive “hello” and story from Grover today.
UPDATE: There is some recent confusion around Groupon’s intended use of a product name that the GNOME Foundation believes infringes on their trademarks. While notified by the GNOME Foundation directors that they believed this was the case, we were not able to come to an agreement and were proceeding with the registration of our marks. We apologize for any distress this has caused GNOME Foundation and the open source community.
We love open source at Groupon. We have open-sourced a number of projects on Groupon’s github. Our relationship with the open source community is more important to us than a product name.
After additional conversations with the open source community and the Gnome Foundation, we have decided to abandon our pending trademark applications for “Gnome.” We will choose a new name for our product going forward. We will continue to work with the Gnome Foundation as we rebrand our product.
Please see our joint statement on the GNOME Foundation’s website and below:
“Groupon has agreed to change its Gnome product name to resolve the GNOME Foundation’s concerns. Groupon is now abandoning all of its 28 pending trademark applications. The parties are working together on a mutually acceptable solution, a process that has already begun.”
We launched of Taste of Groupon, a food-focused collection brimming with top restaurants across the United States and Canada. Not only can you participate by visiting these yummy establishments, you can also play along and win $100 Groupon Bucks by sharing a picture of your favorite dish.
Groupon is offering you a chance to fix your honeymoon fail (or re-do that perfect trip with your true love.) Whether it was a trip of bliss or complete catastrophe, Groupon Getaways wants to give you a second honeymoon.
Enter our photo contest to win $5,000 Groupon bucks to use towards any Getaways Flash Deal, offering vacations in all corners of the world. Relax on the beaches of Thailand, twirl in the piazzas of Florence or renew your vows in the vineyards of Napa Valley. The world is your oyster, all over again.
How to enter:
Simply share a pic from your honeymoon on this page, post an Instagram with the hashtag #honeymoonredo or tweet your photo using the same hashtag
In your post, tell us why you deserve to be honeymooners all over again
Submit your entry and rally friends to vote for your picture
“Honeymoons, and any travel for that matter, create some of the most meaningful memories,” said Simon Goodall, vice president and general manager, Groupon Getaways. “We want to celebrate those cherished experiences, inspire people to share their memories and send one couple off to relive their honeymoon — or just completely re-do it altogether.”
Two additional entrants will be chosen randomly to win a Romantic Weekend Getaway, which includes $500 in Groupon Bucks to use towards any Getaways Flash Deal.
To celebrate the debut of Snap we’re giving one lucky shopper an opportunity to win a year of free groceries. Just download the app and use it to submit a grocery receipt through Nov. 11th to enter our sweepstakes!*
What do I need to know about Snap by Groupon?
- Snap features cash-back offers on a variety of everyday grocery items, ranging from basic staples such as bread and milk to personal care and household products such as diapers and cleaning supplies.
- It’s a way to help you discover new brands and save money on things you buy every day. Plus, using your smartphone makes couponing easier and more convenient (and you get paid to shop!)
- You can use Snap to build your grocery shopping list within the app and add featured items you wish to purchase. After you accumulate $20 in cash back, you’re eligible to cash out.
- In addition to entering to win a year of free groceries, Snap users have access to the following introductory promoted items and brands like any gallon of milk ($1.00 cash back), any loaf of bread ($1.00 cash back), Huggies ($3.00 cash back), and more!
- You can easily refer family and friends to the app and earn $1 cash back for everyone that opens an account and redeems their first eligible offer.
The recent conversation around diversity and technology has brought out a number of interesting perspectives and even more interesting data about the opportunities for greater participation and engagement from women and minorities. As a company that supports a transparent and open approach to this important conversation, today we are releasing our diversity numbers.
Like many of our tech industry peers, we recognize that there is more we can do. As a company that is just six years old, our inclusion and diversity programs are evolving alongside our business.
We are a global company with more than 12,000 employees in more than 45 countries. Inherent in that is a diversity of approaches, cultural experiences, identity preference, educational backgrounds and perspectives that all contribute to how we make decisions, build relationships, and create new ideas for Groupon. It’s who we are; it’s how we operate, and we are proud of this inclusive culture that drives us to build the best products, deliver the best service and offer the best deals to customers and merchants.
Additional investments in inclusion and diversity can only help us continue on this path. It is for this reason that we are sharing our numbers to be transparent about where we are and showing our commitment to making a bigger impact in the future on inclusion and diversity within tech and at Groupon.
Today we announced Groupon’s integration with Apple Pay, a new mobile payments service that will provide an easy, secure and private way to make purchases from the Groupon app on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. We’re proud to be one of the first mobile commerce companies to announce integration with Apple Pay, and the new payment option will be available to customers beginning in October.
With nearly 92 million app downloads worldwide and more than half of our transactions occurring on mobile devices, Groupon is one of the largest mobile commerce companies in the world. Bringing Apple Pay to the Groupon mobile app makes it easier than ever to find and buy the best things around you.
Groupon’s integration with Apple Pay allows customers to seamlessly check out with a single touch and pay using Touch ID from their iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. It also allows new customers to create user accounts and make purchases on the fly with just a few taps.
Our consistently top-rated iOS app is one of the 25 most-downloaded free apps in the App Store. The updated version will launch alongside Apple Pay in October.
You can read the full announcement here.