There have been a lot of great updates so far from #CampGroupon, as participants embark on day two of their adventure.
Camp Groupon has arrived! Our counselors are standing at attention, ready to lead and guide campers all across Chicago, our merchants have opened their doors, poised to feed, clothe, or entertain, and our campers are on their way to headquarters to start their urban adventure!
Tonight, an epic movie screening of “The Blues Brothers” at Wrigley Field. If you’re not attending camp but would still like to see Jake and Elwood in a larger-than-life aspect ratio, you can head to Wrigley Field’s ticket window to purchase day-of tickets to the event.
Tomorrow, a jam-packed activity filled day concluding with a concert at Navy Pier featuring The Counting Crows. The summer heat won’t stifle our excitement for this weekend’s festivities.
If you’d like to follow along this weekend, follow the #CampGroupon hashtag on Twitter, or visit our Camp Groupon blog. We’ll be updating the site with images, videos, and testimonials from counselors and campers all weekend!
Remember the nights at summer camp when everyone finished their daily activities to gather around one big bonfire? Though the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man recalls them as a massacre, they’re always the most memorable nights. Whatever your memories, Camp Groupon is recreating those unforgettable evenings with blowout events each night of camp.
This year, the after dark parties kick off with a Friday movie night, right on the diamond-embossed grass of Wrigley Field. We’re waiting to release the name of the movie as part of an exciting surprise, but to keep you in the loop, here’s a list of movies that didn’t make the cut:
What more could Chicago vacationers ask for than a two-night stay in a luxurious downtown hotel, an exclusive concert at Navy Pier with fireworks and an open bar, and a trip to the Wrigley outfield for a top-secret special event?
How about a couple of days spent exploring the city’s hidden luxuries?
Today, we take a peaceful journey to Tranquility Glen, another of Camp Groupon’s customized activity tracks:
Serenity-seekers get lost in relaxation at Tranquility Glen. Filled with soothing experiences and chilled-out classes, this activity track will leave campers more laid-back than a tranquilized Barcalounger as they join in activities such as:
- Wine tasting at Bin 36 – Sample sips of succulent vino from South America, Europe, and the United States in Bin 36’s private loft and tavern.
- Yoga and a massage at KB Fitness – Salute the sun in a yoga session before a massage therapist eases your aches with a chair massage.
- Handbag-crafting session at 1154 Lill Studio – Select from hundreds of fabrics and a diverse assortment of styles to craft your own custom handbag.
If you find stress stalking you, be sure to select Tranquility Glen as one of your activity tracks when you register for Camp Groupon.
Two nights in a world-class hotel, a Counting Crows concert at Navy Pier, and a special event on the Wrigley outfield would make more than most Chicago vacations complete. At Camp Groupon, it’s just how we unwind after a day spent exploring the city’s hidden luxuries.
Today, we take a wide-eyed look at [Adventure Hill](https://camp.groupon.com/camps/chicago/tracks/adventure-hill), one of our customized activity tracks:
Those on-the-go find adrenaline-soaked fun on Adventure Hill. Whether they’re kayaking down the Chicago River, scouring the city on a scavenger hunt, or sampling every flavor of paintball, campers who select the Adventure Hill track can expect excitement at every turn with activities such as:
- Tandem Jump at Chicagoland Skydiving Center – Bail out of a plane 14,000 feet in the air and float safely to earth with the help of a certified guide.
- Lake Michigan Voyage with Tall Ship Adventure of Chicago – Help man the sails and steer the ship as you cruise the waters of Lake Michigan.
- Trapeze Lesson at TSNY Chicago – Pick up the fundamentals of high-altitude acrobatics as you learn to soar on the flying trapeze.
If that sounds like your cup of atomic-green energy drink, sign up for Adventure Hill when you [register for Camp Groupon](https://camp.groupon.com/users/sign_up).
UPDATE: We wanted to extend our congratulations to the winner of the Camp Groupon Getaway Giveaway: Melissa Ozmore! Thank you to everyone who submitted to the contest!
* * *
Have you ever wanted to see Chicago’s skyline from the top of the ferris wheel at Navy Pier? Do you call the Windy City your home but you’re itching to shake up your routine and discover something new in the city?
Groupon is giving away two tickets to Camp Groupon so you can experience an exciting, weekend-long urban-adventure. Bucket lists will be busted, spectacles of epic proportions will be witnessed, and memories will be metaphorically welded into your brain for years to come.
Here’s an abbreviated description of Camp Groupon in easy to digest bullet points:
- Two-night stay for one person at luxury hotels such as Swissôtel Chicago, Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park or Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Six meals, including lunches at restaurants such as The Signature Room, Piece Brewery and Pizzeria, and Café Ba-Ba-Reeba!
- Admission to Movie Night at Wrigley Field
- Admission to a private party at Navy Pier’s Grand Ballroom with performances headlined by Counting Crows and featuring Grace Potter and the Nocturnals; open bar included
- Three recreational activities, tours, or Chicago experiences
This summer, 2,000 adventure-seekers will descend upon Groupon’s native Chicago to take part in the first ever Camp Groupon—a once-in-a-lifetime urban escape from July 6-July 8. Along with a towering list of handpicked activities, Camp Groupon pampers guests with swanky downtown hotel rooms, legendary Chicago restaurant fare, and freshly purified wind gusts.
What’s more, Camp Groupon caps off evenings with a Movie Night at Wrigley Field and an exclusive 4th of July party on Navy Pier featuring dazzling fireworks displays and the musical stylings of Counting Crows and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Between delicious lunches at award-winning restaurants such as Lou Malnati’s and Mercadito, Camp Groupon guests indulge in activities from three of six custom-designed activity tracks. Track categories, such as Adventure Hill, Do-Gooder Lagoon, and Tranquility Glen range from adrenaline-boosters such as skydiving and kayaking to more relaxing pursuits such as art classes, wine tastings, and live shows.
This unrivaled adventure starts at $749 per camper, which includes two nights of four-star accommodations, six meals, three activities, evening entertainment, and local transportation. Airfare or hang gliders to and from Chicago are not included.
What Chicago site are you most excited to see? We’d love to hear in the comments below!