About Keep America Beautiful
Keep America Beautiful is the nation’s leading nonprofit that brings people together to build and sustain vibrant communities. With our powerful network of community-based affiliates, we work with millions of volunteers who take action in their communities to transform public spaces into beautiful places.
At Keep America Beautiful, education and behavior change are the cornerstones of our organization -- and our service projects are based on the knowledge and needs of local communities. We provide the right tools and resources to guide people’s understanding and actions to reduce waste, increase recycling, protect the natural areas of our communities and ensure beauty is the lasting signature.
To engage individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environment.
Here’s what we believe to be true
• People and places are profoundly interconnected.
• Thriving communities are rooted in individual responsibility and action.
• Positive change and lasting impact happen when people work together.
Learn More About Keep America Beautiful
Keep Ameria Beautiful Blog
Get Involved – Find an Affiliate Near You
Keep America Beautiful is About Partnerships
Through our programs and public-private partnerships, we engage volunteers to take collective, local action. Our actions and impact help create communities that are socially connected, environmentally healthy and economically sound.
For example, KAB partner Lowe’s
awarded KAB a $1 million grant in 2014. The Lowe’s grant is being used to support more than 60 local community service projects and KAB’s Great American Cleanup
, the nation’s largest community improvement program. The power of the partnership between Lowe’s and KAB
can be seen in the work accomplished by KAB’s community-based affiliates and the Lowe’s Heroes
employee volunteers who have spent countless hours to make a difference through targeted community initiatives.
Lowe’s grant program, now in its third year, will enable KAB to initiate service projects in 27 states. From building community gardens and planting trees to leading disaster restoration and recycling programs, KAB and its national network of community-based affiliates will execute programs based on the needs of their local communities.
Keep America Beautiful affiliates and partnering organizations have received support from Lowe’s for 180 initiatives through the first two years of the grant program. Over the course of the partnership, KAB and Lowe’s have brought together more than 33,000 volunteers and 800 Lowe’s Heroes. Together, they’ve contributed 170,000 volunteer hours in their respective communities.
Highlights of select service projects that are taking place in the 2014 grant cycle include:
• Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
– Four vacant lots will be transformed into a pocket park on the Near Eastside of Indianapolis. The park will complement the new Westminster Neighborhood Services family and adult services center adjacent to this park, while serving as a catalyst for neighborhood engagement and revitalization.
• Keep Phoenix Beautiful
– Grant funding will be used to purchase supplies, topsoil and equipment to maintain and enhance the 15-acre PHX Renews site, the largest urban vacant lot transformation project in the country. This once-barren site has been transformed into urban farms, community garden beds and educational spaces. It was also the site of the recently concluded Clinton Global Initiative University Day of Action.
• Keep the Rez Beautiful
– This Mississippi affiliate, which is dedicated to restoring the Ross Barnett Reservoir, will use the grant to develop a new demonstration project that uses native plants, including a pollinator garden, to improve water quality in the Pearl River Valley Water Supply District.
• Keep Riverside Clean & Beautiful
– Grant funding will be used to build trails and parks, connect communities with more green space and encourage outdoor recreational activity along the Santa Ana River Watershed, a main waterway that runs through Riverside, Calif.
Learn More About Lowe’s and the Work it Does in Communities
Lowe’s Video Library
Lowe’s Groupon Coupons
Find Lowe’s Groupon Coupons here