Passengers admire views of palatial mansions and wildlife on the Saint Lawrence Seaway during informative tours with a bilingual captain
About This Deal
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Cruise departure location: 30 Block House Island Pkwy, Brockville, ON K6V 4S9
- Cruise departure times: by appointment (online reservation)
- Free admission for children under 4. Older children receive a discounted rate of $12 per child.
- Notable sights: waterfront mansions, island cottages, local wildlife, and scenic views of 1000 Islands
- The vessel features a licensed snack bar
About 1000 Islands & Seaway Cruises
When Captain Andy boarded his first ship at age 17, he had no time for sightseeing—the young merchant marine was too busy hauling iron ore, road salt, and coal to factories along the banks of the Great Lakes. Maybe that's why Captain Andy now takes such delight in whizzing past idyllic islands at 45 mph in the newest addition to his fleet, a Wildcat catamaran. Though an adrenalin rush accounts for some of the Wildcat's appeal, Captain Andy is most pleased that the boat's speeds can help him expose passengers to even more island attractions during his informative and entertaining tours.
A native Ontarian, Captain Andy touts the Brockville waterfront as one of the most accessible and diverse in the world, and happily points out his favourite waterfront parks for picnicking and fishing during his trips. In the same vein, his cruising company offers seven diverse tours that incorporate adventure, theatre performances, and local sightseeing to help riders experience all the wonders of the area by water. The seasoned sailor also recognizes the advantage of helming his smaller ships; their compact size not only ensures more intimate tours and more time with passengers, but allows them to duck into the region's narrow channels where larger boats and determined icebergs can't follow.