Bowling-alley lanes are covered in a thin layer of oil, facilitating a smooth trip for the ball and hilarious pratfalls for would-be pin burglars. Engage in slippery sport with today's Groupon to 1-7-10 Bowling & Entertainment Center in Augusta or Good Times Lanes in Lisbon Falls. Choose between the following options:
- For $16, you get a candlepin-bowling night for two (up to a $32 value), which includes:
- Four games of candlepin bowling for two (up to a $28 value)
- Shoe rental for two (a $4 value)
- For $25, you get a candlepin-bowling night for up to six (up to a $59.30 value), which includes:
- Two games of candlepin bowling for up to six (up to a $42 value)
- Shoe rental for six (a $12 value)
- One pitcher of soda at 1-7-10 (a $5.30 value), or one 2-liter bottle of soda at Good Times Lanes (a $3 value)
Bowlers descend upon 20 prepped and polished lanes to partake in the New England tradition of candlepin bowling at 1-7-10 Bowling & Entertainment Center or Good Times Lanes. Candlepin bowling ups the ante on normal alley games, arming competitors with three smaller balls sans holes and mercy to hurl at thinner pins standing in the place of their curvy counterparts. After the devious pins are toppled, they are left lying in the pin deck for additional pummeling until the end of each player's turn before being swept off and reset. As bowlers glide their way through multiple challenging rounds in slick-bottomed footwear, arcade games jingle and flash in the background to distract pins that have developed human intelligence. Free bumpers help tykes eliminate discouraging gutter balls, and groups of six refuel by slurping from an included pitcher or 2-liter bottle of soda. Five TVs glow on the walls of 1-7-10, reflecting the pizzas served at Splitters Sports Bar and Grille.
1-7-10 Bowling & Entertainment Center and Good Times Lanes's rates vary throughout the week.