What You'll Get
Click above to buy a ticket to the Saturday, March 13, performance of Salem: 1692 at 8 p.m. Click on the links below to buy tickets for additional shows.
- Buy here for Friday, March 5, at 8 p.m.
- Buy here for Saturday, March 6, at 8 p.m.
- Buy here for Friday, March 12, at 8 p.m.
Today's side deal offers you four opportunities to see Arizona Curriculum Theater, Inc.'s production of Salem: 1692 at Soul Invictus in the Lower Grand Avenue Arts and Small Business District. For $6, you get one ticket to any show (a $12 value). All seating is general admission, so get there early for the best seats when you catch the 8 p.m. showing on your choice of March 5, 6, 12, or 13.
More than a play, Salem: 1692 is a dramatic retelling of actual Salem witchcraft-trial court transcripts that put you in the jury's seat, while the comfort of theater's fourth wall protects you from being accused of witchcraft by the actors. The nonprofit traveling theater troupe will immerse the audience in an atmosphere of supernatural beliefs and paranoiac suspicions as the denizens of Massachusetts Bay try and persecute one another with rigged trials for imagined crimes. Even the most entrenched muggle will have something to think about after witnessing the terrifying power of mob mentality and its effect on American history.
General admission seating is first come, first serve.
- Ever wanted to go back in time to witness some historical event? Arizona Curriculum Theater (ACT) will give you that chance. – Broadway World
- If you have any say in who gets hired as visiting artists at a school, I urge you to try to include these guys in the mix: top-notch professional actors who take control with the sheer attracting force of their compelling talent. Then, with the students in their thrall, the company apparently employs its skills and experience in making young people have fun and learn stuff -- including respect for the power of language and good old-fashioned darn good writing, to balance out all their exposure to Kanye and the Saw series, for example. – Julie Peterson, Phoenix New Times
One ShowUp user sings the praises of Salem: 1692:
- What a compelling night of theatre! Both actors were superb and kept you on the edge of your seat...It was innovative, fresh, and the best night of theatre I had in the whole year.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.