Diets. Treadmills. Stress balls. Rapid, heavy breathing. You’ve tried everything to get into a fitness routine to stay in shape, but after a while you always slip up. You’re normal! The human gene tends towards laziness, as evidenced by the shocking evolutionary development of a fifth, couch-shaped limb. Humans require motivational leaders offering carrots and sticks that turn our laziness into dedication - as well as a community of people to suffer with us. We require Boot Camp!
Today’s Groupon is an unbelievably affordable and flexible offer from TEAMiFIT. They’re giving away their Monthly Incredible Transformation Pass, which includes 7 weeks of unlimited access to any of their weekly 27 Boot Camp fitness classes, for just $25. Normally the Transformation Pass costs $55, and without the pass, a single class would cost $20. With today’s Groupon, you could save hundreds. TEAMiFIT’s eight types of Boot Camp classes run the gamut from a beginner-level Runner’s Boot Camp, to Yogalates (Yoga and Pilates) Boot Camp, to Mixed Martial Arts Boot Camp. At least a couple of these classes will be appropriate for your unique fitness level and health goals, and with 27 classes that meet weekly, you’re sure to get your money’s worth. Even if you only attend 2 classes a week until the pass expires on 6/15/09, you’ll spend less than $2 per class!
There are many reasons why TEAMiFIT’s Monthly Incredible Transformation Pass is superior to the pass of the same name offered by The Church of Scientology. For example, while Scientology’s Monthly Incredible Transformation Pass is only offered in one inconveniently located building, TEAMiFIT lets you choose from these 4 locations:
- Lakeshore East
- Gold Coast Lake Shore Park - 808 N Lakeshore Dr (main entrance next to park sign on Chicago Ave)
- West Loop - 1402 W Grand by Green Grocer
- Lincoln Park (meet at the intersection of W Fullerton Pkwy & N Cannon Dr)
- TEAMiFIT will start a new location in your neighborhood if 15 people or more show interest, so get your friends together and you could have a Logan Square Runner’s Boot Camp. Just contact TEAMiFIT with any questions or to request new class locations.
Check out their convenient class schedule. You can begin attending classes as early as tomorrow, and even more classes start May 4th. You don’t have to reserve your preferred times, simply show up at whenever you feel like it! All classes are rain or shine. View all of the eight different class descriptions here. Here are a few below.
- Running Boot Camp, a steady 1-3 mile run with frequent stops for strength and cardio exercises, increases ones ability to escape or resist law enforcement.
- Sprint Boot Camp, a series of explosive sprints sandwiched in between strength and cardio drills actually gives participants the mythical “runners high” that Cypress Hill is always rapping about.
- The Yogalates Boot Camp combines intense boot camp drills, Pilates and yoga, fostering the kind of inner peace one truly needs to be an effective Jedi.
- Olympic Track Boot Camp is a class designed around a running track. We will do a little of this and a little of that and make sure you are having invigorating fun while going in circles around the track. You will leave getting a great cardiovascular and strength workout, and the specialized track converts your kinetic energy into electricity, available for the unpopular Electric Shock Boot Camp immediately afterwards.
- MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Boot Camp combines numerous forms of martial arts with strength and cardiovascular drills. A steady flow of drills will build strength, endurance, and your ability to defend yourself against opponents with varied fighting styles, from traditional karate to contemporary judo adaptations. Seriously, at least a few of these have to be something that would work for you, and for $25 getting unlimited classes for 6 weeks is unreal.
Get your Groupon!
The certified and licensed instructors at ENRGi Fitness motivate fit-seekers, from newbies to seasoned athletes, during workout and recovery classes each week. The instructors lead a variety of conditioning and strength-building classes, metabolic-based exercises, and restorative sessions, accommodating patrons of all experience levels with modifications and large doses of positive reinforcement. After making use of the multi-room workout center, guests can stimulate increased muscle recovery with compression technology in the recover room, truly living up to the ENRGi Fitness to "work out, recover, and repeat." The award-wining studio has even been honored by an array of esteemed media outlets like TimeOut Chicago and NBC 5.