For $7, today’s side deal gets you a ticket to one show (a $15 value) at the second-annual Improv Festival Oklahoma, which takes place at the Lyric Theatre at the Plaza on Friday, August 20, and Saturday, August 21. Each show features performances by three different troupes. See here for troupe descriptions.
Choose from the following Friday shows:
- 7 p.m. Cueless (Stillwater), The Arm (Atlanta), Obviously Unrehearsed Improv! (Norman)
- 8:45 p.m. The Starter Kit (Austin), Red Letters (Tahlequah), The MiDolls (OKC)
- 10:30 p.m. Gangs of Recess (Dallas), The Bat, Improv Boston (Boston)
Or from the following Saturday shows:
- 7 p.m. Crayons (Tulsa), Manick (Dallas), Villain: The Musical (OKC)
- 8:45 p.m. Improv-Abilities (Kansas City), Fun Grip (Dallas), Red Dirt Improv (OKC)
- 10:30 p.m. FIAD (Dallas), Everybody and Their Dog (OKC), Messing With a Friend (featuring Susan Messing and Joe Bill, Chicago)
Local comedy troupe Red Dirt Improv started the festival, now in its second year, as a way to raise the profile of the Oklahoma City improv scene and to foster collaboration among troupes nationwide through shows, workshops, and more. This year, Joe Bill and Susan Messing (Messing With a Friend) from Chicago’s Annoyance Theater will be headlining the festival’s cavalcade of quick-witted comedy. These ad-libbed laugh doses will be funnier than a…somethinged…something…and will range from a series of short scenes a la Who’s Line Is It Anyway? to a full 30-minute play. Snag a seat at the intimate Lyric Theatre at the Plaza, and practice the art of cultivating your most authentic laugh among like-minded laugh-practicers.
1725 NW 16th St.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73106Get Directions