All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed December 28, 2015
Reviewed September 24, 2014
Reviewed August 26, 2014
What You'll Get
Back by Popular Demand!
When Groupon featured Cubs rooftop tickets a few weeks ago, we sold out of over a thousand tickets in a matter of hours. On Twitter, Groupon users were buzzing…
- katzsarah: Just got cubs rooftop tickets through Groupon, my new favorite thing!
- kelowatt: Cubs rooftoop tonight thanks to @groupon! I must say I am most excited for the hot dogs and beer. :)
Since then, those who got their tickets before we sold out have been having a blast at the games…
- cashewredneck: @groupon you friggin rock! the seats,atmosphere yesterday were awesome, aside from the Cubs losing and all. @southloop and I pimped ya hard!
- mdonat: On wayhome from @groupon Cubs rooftop game. Fun time & Cubs Win!!
…while those who missed out have bitterly cursed the Groupon name.
- sammysosa: I curse your name @groupon - for since my banishment from Wrigley I’ve not been blessed with live Cubs action, and for lifting my soul…
- sammysosa: …(sorry, 140 character limit)…only to crush it again by selling out, I can never forgive thee!
We feel terrible that some people got left out, and we’re doing our best to make it up to you by offering another great rooftop discount….this time at a few new rooftop venues. For $79 - 99 a ticket (normally $120-$140), you get a rooftop ticket including all you can eat and drink. You can buy up to eight tickets to each to any of these six games:
- Monday, 5/25/09 - Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:05 PM - $89 - Click here
- Tuesday, 5/26/09 - Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:05 PM - $89 - Click here
- Wednesday, 5/27/09 - Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 PM - $79 - Click here
- Thursday, 5/28/09 - Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:05 PM - $89 - Click here
- Sunday, 5/31/09 - Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:05 PM - $84 - Click here
- Friday, 7/3/09 - Cubs vs Milwaukee Brewers, 1:20 PM - $99 - Click here
That’s an impressive list of opponents. In fact, those are all quality franchises that have won or at least been to the World Series in the last 60 years!
So why are Cubs rooftop games awesome? Lots of reasons:
- Great view of the game—Wrigley is such a small field that you can see everything clearly
- All you can eat and drink!
- Easy to get in and out before and after the game
- Radio call of game keeps you aware of balls and strikes
- Indoor clubhouse bars with flat screens
- Industrial grade slingshots for shooting opposing teams’ homers back into their dugouts at high speeds
- You can see behind the old-timey, center field scoreboard where the child laborers change the score each inning, and if the guy with the whip isn’t there you can usually get them to give the Cubs extra runs by throwing them peppermints
- No trough urinals. Regular urinals.
So get your Groupon!
The Fine Print
Max 8 per person Limited number of tickets available per game Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About 3639 Wrigley Rooftop
Peering directly over Wrigley Field's right-center-field wall, 3639 Wrigley Rooftop unites baseball with stunning views of the historic diamond and refreshments. Rather than resorting to such desperate measures as donning a ghillie suit and hiding in the outfield ivy, fans can kick back in comfy stadium-style seats and enjoy the action from high above Sheffield Avenue.
3639 Wrigley Rooftop’s multilevel facility, located between the foul poles, is fully stocked with 40 high-definition TVs. During the game, burgers and brats hit the sweet spot from a loaded menu that also features desserts and soft drinks. An elevator ferries guests among the three levels, and two large, open-air decks and a climate-controlled clubroom help mitigate Chicago's alternating five-minute heat waves and blizzards.