Today’s deal will make you glad you procrastinated about paying your taxes: Victory Tax Service is offering tax preparation service, normally $150, for only $50. That’s $100 off, and $80-$200 less than tax preparation normally costs, even at big chains like Jackson Hewitt. We checked it out, and can’t find anything close to this deal. You can buy as many as 2 of these for yourself: one for your 2008 taxes, and one for your 2009 taxes next year. If you’ve already done your taxes this year, grab a Groupon to plan ahead for next year.
Having a professional prepare your taxes is definitely the way to go. If you self-prepare your taxes, you might fail to maximize your refund (or minimize the additional money you may owe the government). Worse, you could file something incorrectly (your beanie babies are not eligible dependents), and put yourself at risk if you’re ever selected for an audit. Victory makes sure you get what you’re owed, but also goes the extra mile to provide a personal touch. They’re a small company that truly cares about their clients. When we met the Victory Tax preparers, they emitted waves of niceness and tax savvy that were visible to the naked eye. They take the extra step, teaching you to stay tax-lean and improve your tax situation year over year.
Listen to the satisfied customers from Victory Tax Service’s Facebook page:
- “EVERYONE should be filing their taxes with Victory Tax Service’s. They are SOOOO much more thorough, friendly, they explain the process and what they are doing and how they are getting their totals, etc! This is my second year filing with Dozzy at Victory! So… its CLEAR AS WATER! FILE YOUR TAXES WITH VICTORY!!!!!!!!” - Angie D.
- “Victory Tax Service RULES!!!!!” - Rosalba A.
- “As a new business owner I had many questions regarding my current and future tax structure. Victory took the time to “hold my hand” and walk me through the paper work. It was much appreciated. I’ve already recommended them to several of my associates. Thanks guys.” - Mike G.
You can also give these as gifts - so grab one for your hapless daughter who might not ever get around to completing her taxes. And at this price, today’s Groupon is the perfect gag gift for your anti-war, tax-resisting uncle.
Victory Tax Service is open 10-6 Monday to Friday and 11-4 Saturday and Sunday. Visit their main office at 946 N. Orleans. They can accommodate later hours; just call to schedule your appointment. And if you like, you can even fax or email all your tax documents and they’ll file your taxes without the need for you to visit the office.
This great deal includes all forms and basic scheduling including this long list of forms (much more than is included in most basic returns):
- 1040-EZ, 1040A and 1040,
- first time Homebuyer Credit
- Recovery Rebate Credit
- Unreimbursed Employee Business Expense (Form 2106)
- Casualty Theft and Losses (Form 4684)
- 1099-Interest Income
- 10980E Student Loan Interest Statement
- Childcare & Dependent Care Credit (Form 2441)
- Earned Income Credit Worksheet (Form 8867)
- Student Loan Interest Deduction (Form 1098-E)
- Hope Scholarship, Lifetime Credit and Tuition Deduction
- Schedule A (Itemized Deductions)
- 1099-G Government Payments
- 1099-R Retirement Income
- 1 State Tax Return (Selection one from all 50 States)
- 1097-GLD (Giant Lizard Deduction).
Though Victory generously includes all those things at no extra charge, as with every other tax preparation service the more time-consuming options cost extra. But Victory’s rates are very affordable compared to the competition. These include:
- Schedule C (Self-Employment Income, an extra $15)
- Schedule D (Capital Gains & Losses, an extra $7)
- Schedule K (Partnership Income, an extra $7)
- Schedule E (Rent & Royalty Income, an extra $15)
- Form 4562 (Depreciation Schedule, an extra $7)
- Multi-State Tax Return (an extra $10 per state)
- Instant Refund (an extra $10), and finally
- the 1097-HRI (Humungous Reptilian Index, an extra $12 per giant reptile you claim as a dependent).
Near North Side
946 N Orleans St
Chicago, Illinois 60610Get Directions