All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Today’s daily deal, a $35 Groupon to Bar Louie for just $15 (57% off!), is the easiest Groupon to redeem we’ve ever offered. That’s because Bar Louie is everywhere. They’re practically effervescent. Walking around Chicago is like walking through a mirror maze, where your face is a Bar Louie storefront, and your reflection is extending endlessly in every direction (that’s how you know Bar Louie isn’t a vampire!). So wherever you are, you should be able to cash in your Groupon for some delicious bar food and a wide selection of drinks.
In spite of its twelve Chicagoland area locations, Bar Louie doesn’t feel like a chain. Each one nestles quite nicely into its neighborhood. In fact the usuals who frequent each individual Bar Louie have been known to engage in street fights to claim their Bar Louie’s supremacy. Currently, the Bolingbrook Louie gang is the Alpha Bar Louie, but the cunning Hyde Park Bar Louie gang is planning a surprise attack by stealing all of Bolingbrook Bar Louie’s Sweet & Spicy Tempura Shrimp.
You can redeem today’s Groupon at any of Bar Louie’s six great Chicago locations…
- River North (get directions)
- Wrigleyville (get directions)
- Hyde Park (get directions)
- The Loop (get directions)
- West Loop (get directions)
- South Loop (get directions)
…or at their six locations in suburban Chicago…
* Bolingbrook (get directions)
* Evanston (get directions)
* Naperville (get directions)
* Oak Park (get directions)
* Orland Park (get directions)
* Peoria (get directions)
Ever since the Mesopotamians brewed the first beer and the English invented grease to moisten their terribly dry “pub scones,” man and woman alike have fantasized about combining food and drinks in one location. The initial remedy was the hip flask, but this failed to carry enough food for groups. This led to the larger but more cumbersome back flask, which in turn begat Brooks Brothers’ 1867 “Portable Spirits & Sweet Meats Traveling Steamer Trunk”.
The days of lugging around your own personal local bar are over! Pick a neighborhood in Chicago and dollars to donuts you’ll have a Bar Louie just around the corner – waiting to satisfy any greasy, gooey, wrapped, salady, deep fried, alcoholic craving you might have. Pop into the original joint on Chicago Avenue to sample what the The Chicago Reader’s online Restaurant Finder says is “better-than-average bar food (that) includes a massive buffalo chicken sandwich, blackened fish po’boys, and a variety of greasy appetizers.” University of Chicago students should put down those boring books and check out the Hyde Park Bar Louie, where you can choose from the selection of 40 beers or indulge in a specialty drink like the Riptide - a mix of Absolut Ruby Red with blood orange syrup and Red Bull. Or enjoy watching the Cubs game at the Wrigleyville Bar Louie, a friendly locale where Yelpers sing its praises…
- “Can I just say I had the BEST (pomegranate) margarita here…I can and I will :)” - Beth A.
- “This was, without rival, the best Chicken Quesadilla I’ve ever had.” - Ryan M._
- “My favorites are the salmon salad, buffalo chicken strips, and they have the BEST carrot cake. This is one of the few places in Chicago that never botches a Bloody Mary. Extra points for having the best jukebox in the city.” - Kelly J._
- “Come on, how could you get the best sandwich paired with tater-tots, and then get to see a Cubs game?!?! At Bar Louie, it somehow happens.” - Sam W._
Bar Louie has ingrained itself quite well in the social fabric of our little city by the lake. So whether you’re already a regular or if you’ve never been, get your Groupon and be sure to join your neighborhood’s Bar Louie street gang!
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 27, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Good at all Illinois Bar Louie locations. Tax & tip not included. No change given. Must redeem in 1 visit. 1 per visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.