The best pasta in the Land O’ Lincoln? That distinction belongs to Trattoria Roma - and they make a darn good pizza too. Today’s unthinkably excellent Groupon gets you a $50 gift certificate to Trattoria Roma for just $20! After you scoop up this tasty Groupon, head over to 1535 N. Wells to enjoy 60% off mushroom-stuffed ravioli in cream tomato sauce; pizzas with toppings such as mascarpone and prosciutto; pork medallions char-grilled in porcini mushroom sauce with roasted potatoes & spinach; homemade tiramisu, lemon meringue and all the other delicious items available on their outstanding menu. Sounds good, eh? No wonder everybody is saying such nice things about them.
What the media is saying:
- ”…the best place for pasta in the entire state” - Chicago Tribune
- ”…like a mini visit to Italy” - Metromix
- ”…Most authentic Italian experience available….” - Zagats
- ”….The environment is elegant but low-key” - Centerstage
- ”…as close as you’ll come to a true neighborhood dining room in Rome” - Chicago Sun Times
What the good people of Chicago are saying:
The rave reviews on Trattoria Roma’s Yelp Page are, well, rave. Look:
- “Everyone at our table was beyond satisfied with their meals. From entrees of pizza to rigatoni to fettuccine to lasagna… it spelled nothing but bliss in our bellaaayys. I was able to savor the margherita pizza (FRESH FRESH basil and FRESH FRESH MOZZARELLA that brought me back to the glorious summer I spent in Italia) and the Fettuccine Salmone. My mouth is watering just thinking of it hitting my lips.” - Annie T.
- “The service was FAN.TAS.TIC. And I’m not just saying that because he was a dreamboat. Bread basket service, drink refills, any extras, you name it we got it.” - Erin M.
- “The food, service and staff are excellent. If it’s not on the menu they can still make it without blinking an eye.” - Marilyn K.
What Super Mario Brothers characters are saying:
Old school Chicagoans may know that Trattoria Roma is actually Chicago’s oldest trattoria. It was established in 1985 - not coincidentally, the same year that Super Mario Brothers was released by Nintendo, starting a long mutual friendship between 2 Italian legends: Trattoria Roma & the cast of the Mario Universe.
- “A lot of people ask me how I run so fast. It’s because of Trattoria Roma’s Branzino: whole baked Mediterranean silver sea bass. “ - Luigi
- “Taxi, taxi! Take me to Trattoria Roma. Need some calamari griglia after a hard day of pipe slidin’.” - Mario
- “I like to invert my parasol & fill it all the way up with spaghetti & clams. Enough food for a whole level. “ - Princess
- “My day of waddling about aimlessly waiting for my inevitable death would be incomplete without Trattoria’s veal shank sauteed in light tomato sauce with green peas, celery, carrots and onions.” - Goomba
- “It is difficult to eat food with these blunt hammers. But if that food is made by Trattoria Roma, we will find a way.” - Hammer Brothers
- “Deny me my Trattoria Roma and you will face my wrath! My wrath, by the way, consists of some slow-moving fireballs that are pretty easily avoided. But you will face them!” - Bowser
- “Chomp chomp chomp. I’m the chain chomp. Love me that Trattoria Roma.” - Chain Chomp
- “After a hard day of bulleting about, nothing tastes better than the fruti di bosci, a buttery desert tart shell filled with sweet French cream, topped with a forest berry montage of blueberries, blackberries, and more.” - Bullet Bill