Man has long been envious of the bird's ability to fly, the cheetah's ability to run, and the shark's ability to eat both birds and cheetahs. Get an inside look at nature with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $25 for a whale-watching trip for one on Monday–Friday, not valid July 20–September 1 ($48 value)
- $49 for a whale-watching trip for two on Monday–Friday, not valid July 20–September 1 ($96 value)
- $29 for a whale-watching trip for one on Saturday or Sunday, not valid July 20–September 1 ($48 value)
- $58 for a whale-watching trip for two on Saturday or Sunday, not valid July 20–September 1 ($96 value)
- $29 for a morning whale-watching trip for one, redeemable July 20–September 1 only ($48 value)
7 Seas Whale Watch
As many as 15 species of whales populate the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary. The mission of 7 Seas Whale Watch is to bring passengers within eyeshot of these enormous sea creatures as they thrash about, breaking the water's surface with their enormous heft and diving gracefully back below.
Seven of the species that populate the area are defined as great whales, which means they reach 30-feet at full growth. So while the tours spend 90 minutes in the whales' feeding area, customers might spot humpback whales, finback whales, minke whales, and even Atlantic white-sided dolphins. As the whales appear, grandiose and graceful, an on-staff naturalist describes the different species and their behaviors. Though whale sightings are never guaranteed—the whales are wild and act entirely on their own whims, much like tenured philosophy professors—7 Seas boasts a 99% success rate for spotting whales, and they offer free rain checks if whales don't appear.
Customers scan the seas from the sun decks or heated cabins of The Privateer IV, a Coast Guard–certified boat with modern accommodations. The boat was built to accommodate 300 passengers, though 7 Seas' trips top out at 149 passengers to ensure space, comfort, and a good view.
99% of 439 customers recommend
“This was an amazing trip! We saw 8 whales, hundreds of dolphins & 3 harbor seals!!! The staff were very knowledgable & the entire trip was fantastic! I'd definitely...”
“This was an amazing trip! We saw 8 whales, hundreds of dolphins & 3 harbor seals!!! The staff were very knowledgable & the entire trip was fantastic! I'd definitely go again!”
“Great saw lots of whales and dolphins”