Visitors can try small-batch whiskeys and spirits made with locally-sourced ingredients at this artisan distillery
What You'll Get
- What’s included:
- Four spirit tastings (whiskey, bourbon, rum, or gin) per each
- Souvenir shot glass per each
- Optional tour of the distillery
- Age restriction: must be 21 or older
The Fine Print
About 7 Troughs Distilling Co.
Take one step inside 7 Troughs Distilling Co., and it becomes instantly clear that this isn't your average distillery. The spirit of micro-batch distillers from the 1850s lives on here, where mash ferments in open barrels, spirits are distilled in direct-fire pot stills, and whiskey ages in small oak barrels. Read on for more on the philosophy behind this artisan craft distillery.
The Local Ingredients
Trucks full of grain arrive regularly, but they don't have far to go; ingredients come straight from farms in nearby Yerington and Gardnerville. Once shipments arrive, the team grinds and hand mashes right onsite, then lets the open fermenters do their magic. They get everything else local when possible as well. Watch this video for an in-depth look at their process.
The Signature Spirits
- Recession Proof Moonshine: Inspired by recipes from the 1800s, this un-aged spirit comes from mountain-grown corn. Serve it on the rocks or substitute it for vodka in cocktail recipes.
- Reno Rodeo Legacy Vodka: The signature spirit of the Reno Rodeo, this pot-distilled spirit is made from sugar beats and local corn.
- Black Rock Rum: Double distilled from molasses and brown sugar, this rum packs hints of pepper, vanilla, caramel, and fruit. Sip it neat or add a touch of sophistication to your next Dark and Stormy.