Chimichurri sauce is sacred in Argentina, where people often used it to flavor their dishes and sprinkle around their house to ward off vampires. Partake in foreign traditions with today’s Groupon for Argentine-Italian cuisine at 943. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get $40 worth of anything on the menu. Entrees range from $5 to $24 each.
- For $30, you get a six-course chef’s tasting menu for two (up to a $74 total value) that includes the following:
- Two salad samples; options include house and tuna (a $5 value each)
- Two empanadas; options include beef, chicken, and ham and cheese (a $4 value each)
- Two chorizo y morcillas samples; options include Argentine blood sausage and chimichurri (a $6 value each)
- One order of esparrago a la plancha (a $10 value)
- Two entree samples; options include entrana, ravioli de casa, tira de asado, and bife de chorizo (up to a $12 value each)
- Two desserts (a $5 value each)<p>
Far-traveled Argentine and Italian flavors collide at 943, where a multicultural menu teems with authentic eats, which earned a rating of two bells from Craig LaBan. In the ensalada de atun, tuna gets acquainted with calamata, red onion, baby greens, and figs, creating easy stomach mingling and completing the first step toward exchanging friendship bracelets. The restaurant’s celebrated empanadas graciously fill orifices with bread-encased morsels of beef, chicken, or ham. Esparrago a la plancho nestles grilled asparagus beside beans and onion under a blanket of fried egg before entrees cause taste buds to swoon over tira de asado—grilled short rib with chimichiurri—or ravioli de casa. As dining duos shift gears and motorized forks from course to course, libations brought from home rinse uvulas for upcoming bites or further dinnertime conversation.
Bella Vista - Southwark
943 S 9th St.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19147