Slathering oneself in self-tanner has been known to cause stripeyness, orangeyness, and beef-lust. Today’s Groupon gets you a summery glow without side effects. For $23, you’ll get a full-body airbrush tan right in the comfort of your own home by a professional from A Beautiful Tan (a $45 value).
The process is easy. Bridget, the owner, comes right to your door (service covers downtown Seattle and surrounding areas) and knocks 78 times before ringing the bell. She’ll set up shop, blast your entire body with top-quality South Seas tanning solutions, clean up, and leave. The entire procedure lasts just 30 minutes, trumping the whole exhaustive experience of trying to blindly cover your back and make sure your ankles match your vestigial tail when you try to tan yourself. The products Bridget uses are Paraben-free, approved by the FDA, and, most important, formulated with proven DHA so they tan your skin, not dye it with inconsistent color.
A Beautiful Tan’s at-home services are perfect if you’re too busy to squeeze in a trip to the tanning salon or don’t feel comfortable stripping down to disposable panties in public. The tan lasts an average of 7 to 14 days.
Three Yelpers give Beautiful Tan a perfect five stars:
- This is the way to tan! The tan looks fantastic and there’s no fuss with sweaty tanning beds or risking the danger of scorching your skin – KC L.
- I’ve been tanned three times and I have been so happy with each time. Bridget is professional and doesn’t make me feel self conscience [sic] at all – Stacie B.
- I really enjoyed the experience. A Beautiful Tan comes to you and does a great job of spray tanning. – Stacey Z.
To Spray No More
With the arrival of A Beautiful Tan, spray-on tanning is finally a viable technology, which is safe, affordable, and stunning. Not so for other spray-on technologies that unfortunately have a ways to go before they’re ready for mass consumption:
- Spray-on 401(k) enrollment forms
- Spray-on lice
- Spray-on beige (like tan, but less saucy)
- Spray-on degree in Russian literature
- Spray-on revenge
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.