A good bartender always has advice for customers’ problems, which is why it's best not to bartend in a particle-physics lab or prison. Hone your listening ear with today's Groupon to ABC Bartending School. Choose between the following options:
- For $109, you get 40 hours of bartending training (a $334 value).
- For $199, you get a bartending package (a $532 total value), which includes the following:
- 40 hours of bartending training (a $334 value)
- A flair-bartending training course (a $99 value)
- Nationally recognized TIPS alcohol-awareness certification course (a $50 value)
- A mixing kit (a $49 value), including a mixing glass, shaker, pour spouts, strainer, bar spoon, and wine and beer opener with a carrying case
Classes are held Monday–Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for the two-week standard course, and Monday¬–Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for the one-week accelerated course. Students can select any class time that fits their schedule.
Learn how to mix, stir, and shake under the tutelage of ABC’s experienced instructors. During the course of 40 knowledge-soaked hours, bartenders-to-be receive extensive instruction and hands-on practice in alcohol alchemy, blending liquors and mixers into sippable sensations. Flair-bartending courses instill skills in bar-top gymnastics, teaching students how to perform eye-catching moves such as showy pours, attractive glass flips, and ice-cube triple Salchows. Emerging beverage buffs leave the course with a mixing kit for practicing at home, and ABC grads enjoy a lifetime of free refresher courses, job-placement assistance, and access to a Cheers dimension that currently, due to spatial fluctuations, contains only Cliff Clavin.