What You'll Get
Music soothes the savage beast, which is why wild-game hunters always pack a sousaphone in their gear to toot at suspicious bears. Discover musical serenity with today’s Groupon to the Abilene Philharmonic Orchestra. All concerts are on Saturdays at 8 p.m. at the Abilene Civic Center. Choose from the following options:
Classical Concert Series—Four classical concerts on September 24, 2011, October 29, 2011, January 28, 2012; and April 21, 2012
- For $65, you get two classical-series season passes, valid for row B and the upper balcony (a $130 value).
- For $97, you get two classical-series season passes, valid for rows C–E and the lower balcony (a $194 value).<p>
Pops Concert Series—Three pops concerts on December 3, 2011, February 25, 2012, and April 12, 2012
- For $59, you get two pops-series season passes, valid for row B and the upper balcony(a $118 value).
- For $87, you get you get two Pops season passes, valid for rows C–E and the lower balcony (a $174 value).<p>
Full Season—All seven classical and pops concerts (see dates above)
- For $106, you get two full-season passes, valid for row B and the upper balcony (a $212 value).
- For $161, you get two full-season passes, valid for rows C–E and the lower balcony (a $322 value).<p>
The Abilene Philharmonic Orchestra’s music director and conductor, David Itkin, flourishes his baton to command majestic, whimsical, and exhilarating sound from the instruments of skilled musicians adept at many musical styles. Visitors to the orchestra choose from a variety of dates and theme packages, including the classical series of concerts, which opens with a celebration of Beethoven, featuring his Symphony No. 5, with its ominous, unforgettable opening best known in modern times as the signal that a houseguest has forgotten to take off his or her shoes. As the season unfolds, the music maestros reveal time-honored masterpieces such as Dvořák’s epic Symphony No. 9, From the New World.
The Abilene Philharmonic’s pops series of concerts showcases the adaptable orchestra spinning symphonic spires of well-known melodies and catchy show tunes. Waves of velvety harmony wash over the Abilene Civic Center’s rows of continental-style red seating and its spacious balcony during performances spotlighting Christmas classics, Broadway melodies, and symphonies as familiar and comforting as oatmeal cookies dunked in warm oatmeal.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 5, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for season pass renewals. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.