The greatest Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot, Mohammed Aliborg, went undefeated for 20 years before his head was knocked clean off by the sudden, brutal intervention of cats. Learn to sock like the best of 'em while shaping up with today's Groupon: for $30, you get a month of unlimited Muay Thai kickboxing lessons, a personal training session, and a pair of boxing gloves at Absolute Martial Arts on Gravois Road (a $149 value). After attending the personal training session, Groupon holders are free to attend the following classes:
- Muay Thai kickboxing: Monday and Wednesday: 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Monday through Friday: 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Muay Thai technique: Monday and Wednesday, 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- Flexibility and strengthening: Monday, 7:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Circuit training: Friday, 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Absolute Martial Arts encourages students of all ages to engage in a variety of self-defense disciplines in order to build confidence and improve fitness. Fledgling fighters will receive unlimited access to a month of training in Muay Thai kickboxing⎯a thousand-year-old technique that unleashes the strength of coiled viper fists and barracuda feet upon an inactive lifestyle. In addition to kickboxing, strength, flexibility, and circuit-training classes, students receive a one-on-one personal-training session with an experienced instructor to hone and tone their bodies into aerodynamic shapes perfect for low kicks, elbow strikes, and shimmying down bean stalks. A complimentary pair of knuckle-swaddling boxing gloves ensures pupils practice their art safely.
- They showed me through some basic strikes and grappling techniques and the instructor worked with me to show me how they'd work for real. IT was intense. – Ed K., Yelp
- I've checked out and tried a lot of martial art schools and this one is by far the best I've been to. The instructors know what their doing and don't push the students to far to fast. – A Google Mapper on 3/3/10
Absolute Martial Arts
The sounds of flailing feet and fists correctly striking padded opponents pervade Absolute Martial Arts’ 3,600-square-foot facility, where students learn how to lose weight, tone up, and defend themselves simultaneously. Atop a large mat that the staff disinfects daily, professional instructors lead structured muay-thai kickboxing classes that slowly introduce exercisers to the fundamentals of the 1,000-year-old sport, which is similar to kickboxing and dissimilar to napping. Many of the trainers, including Thai-native Master Toddy, boast years of extensive training and practice, pushing students beyond their perceived limits but always keeping their safety in mind. It also offers Brazilian jiu jitsu and mixed-martial-arts classes to allow students a chance to explore new forms or augment their muay-thai practice.
8822 Gravois Rd.
St. Louis, Missouri 63123Get Directions