Restaurant services tasty traditional Ethiopian dishes, such as Doro Wot and Bozena Shiro; menu includes many vegetarian and vegan options
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Type of cuisine: traditional Ethiopian
- Valid any day for dine-in only
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 60 days. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Abyssinian Ethiopian Restaurant
The restaurant, which is now under new management in 2019, specializes in authentic traditional Ethiopian cuisine, including many tasty vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. The menu brims with Abyssinian-style dishes such as:
- Doro Wot: tender chicken marinated in lemon, sauteed in seasoned butter, and stewed in a red pepper sauce flavored with onions, garlic, ginger root, and other spices, served with home-made cheese and boiled egg
- Bozena Shiro: highly-seasoned beef mixed with pea flour simmered in nitir kibe, ginger, cardamom, onion, garlic, and awaze, served in a hot clay pot
- Denish Wot: potatoes simmered in a hot pepper sauce and vegetable oil with onions, garlic, carrots, and fresh green peppers, served with split peas and lentils