- $45 for one weekend pass ($65 value)
AC Boardwalk Con takes place May 13–15 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. The convention celebrates everything from comics to cosplay, and features a live game show Saturday night at 10 p.m. Read more about the show here.
AC Boardwalk Con
If it happens in the comics, it happens at AC Boardwalk Con. For three days in May, organizers turn the Atlantic City Convention Center into a temple of comics, sci-fi, and other geek-approved disciplines. The con comes with a packed schedule, so when you're not browsing the vendor hall, you can snap pictures with the Batmobile in the ACBC Garage, work on your lightsaber skills with Empire Sabre Guild, or challenge someone to a (safely padded) duel in the Adventure Arena Battle Ground. Read on to boldly go where no convention goer has—well, you know the rest:
- The Marston Family Wonder Woman Museum: Celebrate the legacy of Wonder Woman's creator, William Marston, at this exhibit featuring pop-culture memorabilia and artwork that pays tribute to the heroine, who turns 75 this year.
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Tour: Relive a half-century of galactic exploration with a panel of Star Trek personalities past and present, as well as exclusive merchandise approved by the estate of creator Gene Roddenberry.
- CONquest Live Game Show: Teams chosen from the audience will use their strength, skill, and knowledge of nerdery to outwit opponents at this live-action arena-style game show on Saturday night.
- Kidz Zone: The convention's littlest attendees have their own section this year, complete with bounce houses, coloring, photo ops, and, on Sunday, a kids-only costume contest.
- Dunk A Villain: Because who doesn't love a wet Joker? Send him and other ne'er-do-wells plunging into the cold waters of a dunk tank for a chance to win prize drawings happening throughout the weekend.