Exploring underwater gives you the chance to see something you’ve never seen, such as an exotic reef, a new species, or a penguin wearing a real tuxedo. Discover the unknown with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $439 for an open-water diver-certification course, including certification fees and rental of necessary equipment, for two students aged 10–adult (a $918 value)
- $219 for the above diver-certification-course package for one (a $459 value)<p>
The flexibly scheduled, semi-private course includes:
- Two evening or half-day classroom sessions with eLearning resources for home study
- Two evening or half-day pool-dive sessions
- Four open-water dives at Lake Pleasant<p>
This offer includes equipment such as the buoyancy compensator device, regulator, computer, and wetsuit, but does not include masks, snorkels, and fins, which can be brought along or purchased from Academy of Scuba for an additional $150.
The PADI-certified instructors at AZ Divers lead courses ranging from beginner and advanced open-water certification to more in-depth programs such as master diver, deep diver, underwater video and photography specialists, and professional shark imitator. Their philosophy is built around the notion that divers are always students, there is no benchmark for Scuba training, and students should endeavor to push their level of training higher and higher. Once certified, divers can stretch their new sea legs on diving excursions to exotic locales such as Catalina Island, Playa del Carmen, or San Carlos, Mexico through the academy’s partner and affiliate companies. Both of the Academy's locations rent, repair, and sell high-quality gear from reputable brands such as Sea Dive, Amphibious Outfitters, and H2Odyssey—all renewed every two years.