Americans have always been determined to blaze new trails, whether wading through the waist-deep layer of tumbleweed covering Arizona or hacking through the petrified forest of national flags on the moon. Conquer the final frontier, the ocean, with today’s Groupon to Ace Performer. Choose from the following options:
- For $25, you get a one-hour stand-up paddleboarding lesson (a $50 value).
- For $45, you get a lesson package (a $95 total value) that includes:
- A one-hour stand-up paddleboarding lesson (a $50 value)
- A half-day paddleboard rental (a $45 value)
- For $50, you get a one-hour windsurfing lesson and board rental (a $100 value).
- For $70, you get a windsurf package (a $150 total value) that includes:
- A one-hour windsurfing lesson and board rental (a $100 value)
- An additional hour of board rental for practice time (a $50 value)
Appointments are available Monday–Saturday, 8:45 a.m.–9:45 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Roy Massey, owner of Ace Performer, helms a team of passionate instructors who edify students in the skills and techniques of stand-up paddleboarding and windsurfing. During the one-hour paddleboarding lesson, students call upon core muscles and the aid of veteran boarders as they slice water with a paddle or julienne seaweed with an oversize paring knife. Athletes can further hone skills with a half-day equipment rental, which includes a free roof rack for vehicles, to continue gliding, turning, and building arm strength.
Alternately, Ace’s instructors teach the basics of windsurfing in a one-hour lesson that includes a board rental. With a board designed for beginners and a thorough explanation of fundamental windsurfing terms, novice navigators can harness the power of the wind or dolphin sneezes and cruise the Sanibel Causeway. An additional hour of practice time prepares windsurfers for future open-water excursions or lazy afternoons spent circling a public fountain.