Visitors can learn about the Victorian culture and the history of Morris County at the museum located in a nineteenth-century mansion
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- General admission
- Family Membership: free or discounted tickets to events for one year
- Free admission for children under 12
- Opening hours: Wednesday–Thursday at 11 a.m.–4 p.m and Sunday (1:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
About Acorn Hall Museum
1. What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from your competition?
Acorn Hall, headquarters of the Morris County Historical Society, was the ancestral home of four generations of Crane and Crane-Hone family from 1860-1971. Uniquely, despite its age and generations of residents, the Hall still retains an overwhelming percentage of its original 19th-century furniture and fine and decorative arts. Now a museum, the Hall is open to the public for tours, exhibits, and programs.
2. What was the inspiration to start and run this business?
MCHS’s mission is to preserve and protect Morris County history. Through tours of Acorn Hall’s period rooms and exhibits, we can bring this history to life for the public.
3. What is the best reaction you’ve ever gotten from a customer?
Acorn Hall is a hidden gem of historical and cultural treasures on. Visitors are often very pleasantly surprised at the one-of-a-kind items we have on display.