All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $49 for a conceal-and-carry permit-certification course for one ($120 value)
- $89 for a conceal-and-carry permit-certification course for two ($240 value)
- $25 for an online concealed-carry and handgun-safety course ($120 value)
Residents of Iowa and Nebraska can take either course option; upon completion:
- Iowa residents can apply separately for the Iowa and non-resident Virginia permit.
- Nebraska residents can only apply for the non-resident Virginia permit, which has reciprocity in 28 states, including Iowa and Nebraska.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. 48hr cancellation notice required for classes and/or private sessions. No live fire required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Active Defense Awareness Training
ADAT's instructors specialize in concealed-carry courses. They also lead defensive handgun training and "Learned Conditioned Response Training" active shooter civilian and law enforcement programs across the nation.
At a Glance
James Moncherry carries the certifications you'd expect from a typical firearms instructor, but this former law enforcement officer can also claim membership in an elite group. Mr. Moncherry is one of only a handful of certified Center Axis Relock instructors in the United States—and the CAR Defensive Handgun System drives his training. Designed for military and law enforcement officers, this system focuses on defensive shooting (such as firing while on the move) instead of stationary training at a shooting lane. Mr. Moncherry's fellow instructors at Active Defense Awareness Training also boast impressive qualifications. All have obtained at least NRA certification, and most have experience in the military, law enforcement, or both.