|_Jump to: Reviews||Groupon Tip of the Day_|
Click above to buy tickets to see Grey Gardens on a Friday, September 4 or September 11, at 8 p.m. Click on the links below for tickets on other days.
- Buy here to see Grey Gardens on a Saturday, September 5 or September 12, at 8 p.m.
- Buy here to see Grey Gardens on a Wednesday, September 2 at 8 p.m. or September 9 at 8 p.m.; Thursday, September 3, 8 p.m.; Sunday, September 6 at 5 p.m. or September 13 at 2 p.m.
Don’t miss brilliant actors performing one of documentary film’s greatest stories at the Atlanta premiere of Grey Gardens, an Actor’s Express production. Today’s Groupon gets you a regular performance of the hit Broadway musical for the same price as a preview performance—$15. Depending on the day and time, regular performances range from $27–32, so today’s Groupon saves you enough cash to grab a drink at AE’s newly renovated bar.
Grey Gardens is based on the documentary film that follows the lives of Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis’s aunt and cousin, the eccentric duo Edith Bouvier Beale and “Little Edie.” Mother and daughter are hysterically and heartbreakingly attached to each other and to their dilapidated mansion in East Hampton. Though reclusive, the pair imagines an audience for themselves as they sing through a peculiar relationship that has fascinated audiences since the acclaimed 1975 documentary.
Though user reviews are scarce, Citysearchers give Actor’s Express four stars, and a lone Yelper gives it four stars, too: > * I definitely appreciate what these folks are doing here - their seasons are always filled with quirky, off-the-beaten-track material that is certainly a refreshing change from the everyday doldrums playing up the street…The theater’s down-and-dirty approach to production is something I admire and the staff is friendly… – FifthGrouper, Citysearch > * The venue is small and intimate. There isn’t a bad seat in the house. – bluecouch, Citysearch > * The theatre is small and intimate and the acting is amazing. – ArtLuvinChic C., Yelp
Groupon Tip of the Day: Proper Theater Etiquette
When seeing a theater performance, audiences are encouraged to mind their manners. Refresh your knowledge of theater etiquette before taking advantage of today’s Groupon:
- Bring as many eagles into the theater with you as possible.
- If you correctly guess how many jellybeans are in the theater’s official jellybean jar, you’ll get to play the lead in the evening’s production.
- Bring a book to read aloud during all scenes with pyrotechnics.
887 West Marietta St Nw
Atlanta, Georgia 30318Get Directions