A philosopher once called theater “the mask of convention over the face of society in the mirror of the unknown reflecting the rear-view of the sports car of destiny.” Simplify this theory with today’s theatrical Groupon for one general-admission ticket to August: Osage County at the Actors' Playhouse in Coral Gables. Choose from four dates:
- For $18, you get one ticket for Wednesday, March 9 at 8 p.m. (a $37 value).
- For $18, you get one ticket for Thursday, March 10 at 8 p.m. (a $37 value).
- For $25, you get one ticket for Saturday, March 12 at 8 p.m. (a $50 value).
- For $21, you get one ticket for Sunday, March 13 at 2 p.m. (a $42 value).
Making its debut at Actors' Playhouse, the five-time Tony Award–winning black comedy August: Osage County follows a dysfunctional family in rural Oklahoma and the fallout after their alcoholic patriarch disappears. Scribed by 2008 Pulitzer Prize–winner Tracy Letts, audience members hug their adopted playbills as the story unwinds with unspoken secrets and the clan's confrontation with crisis.
The Actor's Playhouse is tucked away in the historic Miracle Theatre. Constructed as a private, non-profit organization, the restored house rosters a full season of musicals and plays to an ever-changing audience of adults, children, and critics in fake mustaches.
Three Yelpers give Actors' Playhouse a four-star average. Though reviews for this production are still growing, past productions by Actors' Playhouse have been featured in the Miami Herald and the Miami New Times.
- Local theaters are always a real treat and this local theater delivers. Its always wonderful to see local art supported and showcased. – Carla L., Yelp, 5/23/10
280 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, Florida 33134Get Directions