Today’s side deal pairs acting and booze in a much more enjoyable manner than being led on a brewery tour by a mime: for $9, you get a ticket to Bye Bye Liver at the Hennepin Stages in Downtown West (a $19.50 value). This Groupon is valid for those 21 years of age or older; you can purchase up to six general-seating tickets to one of the following dates:
- Friday, June 25, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 26, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, July 2, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 3, at 8 p.m.
A collaboration between the Actors Theater of Minnesota and the Hennepin Theatre Trust, Bye Bye Liver offers attendees a fun-filled evening of intoxicating laughs and boozy giggles. Featuring outrageous sketch comedy, interactive drinking games, and a guys-versus-gals competition, Bye Bye Liver showcases the hilarity and complex consequences of indulging in a few, or too many, drinks. The 75-minute show originally premiered in Nashville and has since spread to Minneapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee. Visitors will be able to soak in the welcoming ambience at the Hennepin Stages’ historic confines, which were originally built in the 1930s.
The bar opens one hour prior to the show, ensuring an ample head start for acquiring a laughter-boosting buzz. Avoid disrupting tense opera performances by popping champagne bottles or breaking out in uncontrollable fits of giggling with today’s side deal to Bye Bye Liver.
- …it’s executed with a focus on the audience experience, and the hooch high jinks work as a front that exposes guests to a dose of sketch comedy, even if that wasn’t their reason for coming. Clever. – Steve Heisler, Time Out Chicago
- …isn't your ordinary kind of entertainment. – Mary Shen Barnidge, Windy City Times
Actors Theater of Minnesota
Although it’s known for comedies such as the two-man, 24-character A Tuna Christmas, Actors Theater of Minnesota also places a significant emphasis on education and corporate training. At The Creative Institute, the ensemble trains students how to work theatrical media such as improv and writing into their everyday problem-solving skills.
824 Hennepin Ave.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403Get Directions