What You'll Get
Theater covers the breadth of human experience, from lighthearted comedies about bakers to tragedies about the rise and fall of yeast tyrants. Eat a slice of life with today’s Groupon: for $12, you get one general-admission ticket to the Actors Theater of Minnesota’s production of Guys on Ice at the Cabaret Theater at Camp Bar, in downtown St. Paul (up to a $24 value). Choose from 13 performances:
- Thursday, February 24 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 25 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 25 at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 26 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 26 at 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 27 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 2 at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 3 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 4 at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 5 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 7:30 p.m.
A collaboration between the Actors Theater of Minnesota and the Cabaret Theater at Camp Bar, the acclaimed 1998 musical Guys on Ice lets viewers experience ice fishing free of mutinous camels and dust storms. Set in a Wisconsin ice shanty, the story follows pals Lloyd and Marvin as they keep warm, anxiously preparing for Marvin’s upcoming TV appearance while fending off beer-snatching intruder Ernie the Moocher. With drinks for purchase and rousing numbers including “The Wishing Hole,” “Ode to a Snowmobile Suit,” and “Fish is the Miracle Food,” audiences are swept up in the action enough to saw holes in the theater floor and attempt to hook squirming basement dwellers.
- It's pure comedic entertainment that filled the Barn with laughs. The audience gave a rousing standing ovation at the end. – Mark Wedel, mlive.com, 06/03/2009
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 6 per person. Valid only for show date purchased, subject to availability. Valid for general seating only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Actors Theater of Minnesota
Although it’s known for comedies such as the two-man, 24-character A Tuna Christmas, Actors Theater of Minnesota also places a significant emphasis on education and corporate training. The ensemble trains students how to work theatrical media such as improv and writing into their everyday problem-solving skills.