Long-distance running is a great way to test stamina, unlike long-distance calling, which is a bad way to test lungs. Challenge endurance without straining your vocal chords with today’s Groupon for one race entry from Adrenaline Sports Management. Choose from the following options:
- For $27, you get entrance to the Splish Splash Half Marathon in Gurnee on Sunday, May 22 (a $55 value).
- For $25, you get entrance to the Splish Splash Tropical 8K in Gurnee on Sunday, May 22 (a $40 value).
- For $22, you get entrance to the Champions Run 10K in Chicago on Saturday, August 6 (up to a $50 value).
- For $17, you get entrance to the Champions Run 5K in Chicago on Saturday, August 6 (up to a $40 value).
- For $15, you get entrance to the Halloween Hustle 5K in Palatine on Saturday, October 29 (up to a $40 value).
- For $45, you get entrance to the Wisconsin Dells marathon on Sunday, October 23 (up to a $100 value).
- For $27, you get entrance to the Wisconsin Dells half marathon on Sunday, October 23 (up to a $65 value).
- For $20, you get entrance to the Santa Hustle 5K in Chicago on Saturday, December 3 (up to a $45 value).
- For $17, you get entrance to the Santa Hustle 5K in Indianapolis on Saturday, December 17 (a $40 value).
Adrenaline Sports Management corrals runners in an array of races to benefit several area charities, such as Back on My Feet and Fathers Helping Fathers. Each course winds its way through historic neighborhoods, lush lakefront paths, or energizing vistas, and most reward the top overall male and female finishers as well as the top-three runners in each category with medals or celebratory eye patches. Costume contests ramp up competition in the Halloween and Santa Hustles, with top prizes going to best individual costume, best group costume, or most-authentic centaur lookalike. At the many after-parties, finish-liners can revel in après-race accolades from family, friends, and shoulder-perched cherubs.
After registration, runners must pick up information packets to participate. Depending on the event, packets may be picked up on the day of or one day prior to the race; in some cases, participants must pick up materials during designated days and times at specific locations. Check your individual race's website for updated information. All course-cruisers receive a commemorative T-shirt, finishers' medal, and goody bag loaded with sponsor-supplied swag. Most events (except the Halloween and Santa Hustles) also bestow themed mugs to help rouse resting sprinters with a cold-water wake-up call.