What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews
Today’s Groupon lets you step outside your shell, just like a naked turtle. For $75, you’ll get a one-year membership (a $198 value) and a $75 credit toward outdoor and urban excursions with Adventure Society. Featuring more than 67 different activities on nearly every weekend of the year, this game-changing organization is the first of its kind in New York. Navigating the perks that come with your membership is an adventure in and of itself.
For a year, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- free or discounted entry to monthly cocktail parties ($10–$20 savings per event, $60–$100 value)
- discounts of 10% to 20% on most trips and activities (ranging from $10 to $50 per activity)
- access to a monthly calendar of unique preplanned activities with trips every weekend year round
- invitations to private member-only events and activities
- private quarterly members-only cocktail party hosted in member’s home and free to members ($50 value)
- members may bring up to one guest for a $25 fee
- monthly members-only social dinners in a restaurant or member’s home (limited to 15 people)
- monthly members-only discounted Broadway, Off Broadway, ballet, or opera event with pre-show cocktail (limited to 10–15 people) (up to half off tickets)
- early entry and VIP access to select activities
- individual login to member-only areas of the Website
- personal online calendar to track activities and trips for which you signed up
There is a wide range of activities from the tame (fruit and berry picking, brewery tours) to the extreme (white-water rafting, ice climbing) and everything in between (trapeze school, cooking classes). Upcoming activities include archery and all-you-can-eat sushi and a fall Water Gap hike with optional beer tasting. The best way to grasp the variation and number of activities is to browse through the activity calendar. Activities can cost between $65 and $300 and include everything you need to successfully complete your adventure, whether it’s training, lunch, insurance, or toll money—it all depends on the trip; that means your $75 voucher will get you a free or greatly discounted adventure.
Adventure Society members are generally in their late 20s to early 40s, and about half are single. This Groupon is the perfect way to explore the world, make new friends, and finally prove to your father that you aren’t afraid of penguins anymore.
Time Out and NY1 News, among many others, have featured Adventure Society: > * Adventure Society…delivers New Yorkers to greener pastures for adrenaline-packed day trips, all of which include equipment, guides and round-trip transportation—and, perhaps best of all, get you back in your own bed (or out drinking in your neighborhood) by the end of the day. – Cristina Velocci , Time Out
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 13, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may purchase multiple as gifts. Must activate membership within 30 days. Activity credit must be redeemed within 6 months of feature. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.