All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed September 18, 2016
· Reviewed August 30, 2016
What You'll Get
- $49 for one-way luxury car service from Washington, DC to Reagan National Airport for up to three passengers ($95 value)
- $69 for one-way luxury car service to Dulles or Reagan National Airport for up to three passengers ($130 value)
- $79 for one-way luxury car service to Baltimore-Washington International Airport for up to three passengers ($150 value)
Four Things to Know About Traffic Congestion
Professional drivers know all sorts of secrets for getting places faster and avoiding traffic jams. To understand what they’re up against, check out Groupon’s look at traffic delays.
1. It doesn’t take much to start a traffic jam. Even on a straight highway with no accidents or construction, a single driver tapping the brake can create a stop-and-go wave. When vehicles enter the rear of a suddenly slowed traffic flow faster than cars at the front can accelerate back to regular speed, congestion ensues. These “phantom jams” have been documented stretching as far back as 50 miles and, once traffic reporters spread the word, can attract dozens of boombox-bearing ghosts.
2. On the flip side, you can do your part to prevent them. Through computer modeling of this scenario, MIT computer scientist Berthold Horn has found that phantom jams can be significantly reduced if drivers maintain an equal distance between the car in front of them and the car behind.
3. In the world’s most congested areas, at least you can enjoy the view. Traffic research firm Inrix releases an annual report on the worst spots for delays, and in 2014, tourist destinations Milan and Honolulu took top honors. Depending on the season, the average Honolulan loses three to five hours a month to jams. Why? One major factor is simply that it’s on an island, so there’s limited room for road systems to expand and relieve the pressure.
4. Don’t believe anyone who says Thanksgiving is the busiest traffic day of the year. There are typically five or more busier days during the summer, often Fridays when people are driving to weekend destinations to enjoy the warm weather or escape the ice-cream truck’s infernal tune.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservations required 12hr in advance, subject to availability. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 more as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Limit 1 per group/trip. Offer valid for up to 3 passengers. $10 charge for each additional passenger. Distance restrictions apply. Service area includes 30mi radius of Reagan National or Dulles Airports and 35mi radius of Baltimore-Washington Airport. Extra $2.50/mi fee outside service radius. Extra $10 fee for early or late pickups (10pm-5am). May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.