A film is the result of hundreds of people working together, from the director overseeing it all to the guy who insults the actors so they can cry realistically. Witness movie magic with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for a movie package for two (up to a $29 value)
- $40 for a movie package for four (up to a $58 value)
- Click here to view the schedule of upcoming shows.
Packages include the following per pair of guests:
- Two admissions (up to a $7 value apiece)
- Two bottled drinks (a $2.50 value apiece)
- Two candies (a $2.75 value apiece)
- One large popcorn (a $4.50 value)
When Northeast Historic Film acquired the Alamo Theatre in 1992, it was clear that the venue was a long way from its 1916 heyday. Over the course of the intervening decades, the space saw use as a grocery store, a slot-car track, and a video-rental store before falling into complete disuse. When the new owners entered for the first time, they found ramshackle plywood floors and water running through the dirt basement. Seven years and 50 trucks of excavated mud later, the theater saw the first light from its 35-millimeter projection booth. Now, the once defunct screen flashes with current Hollywood releases and the works of local filmmakers.