What You'll Get
Drinking wine is an activity that sometimes makes people believe they’re funnier, smarter, and two feet taller than they actually are. Today’s Groupon prolongs the non-truths with $30 worth of wine and savories for $15 at Albert Winestein in Hyde Park.
Owner and wine broker Sean Martin exudes wine-passion through his oaky pores. Try a wine off his Fall Selections menu such as a versatile Mas de Gourgonnier ($15.99) or a skinny Easton Zinfandel ($15.99). For a surefire wine, hit up his No Brainers list of quality vinos and try a Castello La Leccia Chianti ($19.99). Or try one of AW's Stimulus Wines—such as the Citadelle Cabernet ($14.99) or the Colterenzio Pinot Bianco ($13.99)—for less expensive deliciousness. You’ll also find a genius selection of cheeses and chocolates.
Unlike tequila shots and shotgunned root beer floats, wine is a slow sip, making it a more enjoyable libation. Plus, wine can help you reduce the risk of heart disease, certain cancers, and progression of disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease.
Sean Martin of Albert Winestein was a nominee in Daily Candy Boston’s Sweetest Things “Smell” Category. Yelpers give Albert Winestein four stars:
How to Properly Taste Wine
For total wine enjoyment, the wine drinker must engage in a multi-step process designed to enhance the flavor, the body, and the unique characteristics with each sip:
- Give the wine in your glass one of three names: "Gary," "Darryl," or "Garryl."
- Bring the wine glass to your right eye and stare deeply into it for at least 30 minutes until you can no longer tell where the wine ends and you begin.
- Starting with your left pinky and moving right, fully submerge each of your fingers into the wine glass until all fingers are in the glass.
- Take a sip and slosh it around. When someone gives you some surprising news, spit it out.
- Put all of the wine from your glass into your mouth, but don't swallow. When all the wine is in there, open your mouth and say, "Keys. Once angry keeping flagrant." Enjoy the wine that is left in your mouth.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 7, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 redemption per visit. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.