When fed a bland diet, tongues can fall victim to monotonous funks, speaking only to count infinite grains of sand and constantly running off to the post office to lick all the boxes. Ignite lackluster tongues with today's Groupon to Albert's Mofongo House in Inwood. Choose between the following options:
- For $22, you get a Latin dinner for two (up to an $82.85 total value), which includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $10.95 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $71.90 value)
- For $42, you get a Latin dinner for four (up to a $165.70 total value), which includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $21.90 value)
- Four entrees (up to a $143.80 value)
Executive chef Rene Hernandez calls upon a culinary education in Spain to craft a pan-Latin menu that spotlights specialty mofongo dishes—balls of mashed, fried green plantains and garlic accompanied by meat, seafood, or eggs. Appetizers including empanadas ($8.95) and shrimp scampi ($10.95) make way for savory balls of mofongo, which arrive with a choice from a diverse protein panopoly that includes chicken ($12.95), beef ($12.95), crabmeat ($18.95), octopus ($18.95), and carefully collected pools of amino-acid rain. Beyond the sphere of mofongo, the parrillada de marisco and carne ($29.95) delivers grilled seafood and steak, and shrimp swims in a bowl of tart Puerto Rican rice stew in the asopao de camarones ($18.95).