Gyrate like a gypsy or barre like a ballerina with today’s fancy-footed Groupon. For $35, you’ll get four dance classes in a month at Alegria Dance and Performing Arts Center, a flamenco-based dance studio experienced in skilling stunted swayers.
The media’s recent dance devotion (the remaking of Fame, increased popularity of reality-television dance programs) proves that a mastery of moves is the surest path to movie and TV featurement. Here, you have the opportunity to make left feet right in your choice of four disciplines: flamenco (acceptable for children too), ballet, belly dance, or modern. Whether you hope to perfect posture or abdominal-roll toward excellence, you’re sure to find a class to suit your needs and skill set. If you decide you're hungry for more after your four classes, this Groupon gets you a $10 discount on the membership.
Unlike cross-stitching and other humble hobbies, dancing delivers dozens of health benefits and avoids dangerous stitching needles. You’ll increase endurance, amp flexibility, and skyrocket socialness. Get this Groupon and get a head start on your weight-loss resolutions, Broadway audition dreams, and reality-television goals.
- The wonderful women that run this studio love what they do so much, they are very passionate about dance and so are the instructors. – karla_menchaca, Insider Pages
- I am very particular about where I take classes so I took some workshops in the studio, got to know the owner and the students, and I went to see one of their performances. WOW. I decide to join last year. – Gershwin, Insider Pages
- She is continuously learning and passing this knowledge on to her students. Laura as well as the other instructors truly want their students to learn. If you truly want to learn flamenco, Alegria is the best! – Mozart, Citysearch
TV Dance Shows Worth Watching
Television is awash with dancing programs, and the trend shows no sign of slowing down. Here are some upcoming TV dance shows for which to set your DVR:
- So You Think You Can Dance and You Need an Intervention?
- Dancing With the Small Mob of Feral Cats
- Dance Hunt: The Hunting of America’s Best Dancers
- To Catch a Predator Through The Medium of Dance
- America’s Saddest Dance Crew
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.