Choose from Three Options
- $15 for $20 worth of creole food, valid for carryout only
- $9 for $18 worth of creole food for two or more, valid for dine-in only
- $18 for $36 worth of creole food for two or more, valid for dine-in only
- See the menu
Alfred's New Orleans Cafe
- Yvonne Sheppard—The chef and a longtime resident of the Progress Village community; she runs Alfred's New Orleans Cafe alongside her husband, Al.
- Mother Gladys—Al's mom and a native of New Orleans; her decades-old recipes fuel the cafe's authentic creole cuisine.
- Alfred, Jr. (the son)—The cafe's namesake; he's had a gift for playing jazz music since he was a child.
Working together, this impressive cast has churned out stellar performances night after night—but of course, any performance is only as good as its script, and the menu at Alfred's is full of delicious lines. That's especially true of Yvonne's creole gumbo, an Alfred's specialty, made with genuine creole seasonings and other fresh ingredients. The rest of the cafe's spread is just as tasty, though, as it includes classic down-home dishes such as crab leg plates, southern fried chicken wings, and fish and chips.