What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- C$59 for a furnace or A/C tuneup with 21-point inspection (C$120 value)
- C$2,730 for a Lennox EL195E furnace, 45,000 BTU (C$4,300 value)
- C$2,925 for a Lennox EL195E furnace, 70,000 BTU (C$4,600 value)
- C$3,120 for a Lennox EL195E furnace, 90,000 BTU (C$4,900 value)
Furnace or A/C tuneup and inspection includes:
- Visual inspection of capacitors for leakage and rust
- Replacement of filter (provided by customer while on site at time of inspection)
- Check of condenser motor bearings; lubricate non sealed condenser motor bearings (when necessary)
- Test refrigerant levels
- Inspection of condensation in the drain, pan, and pump
- Test of indoor motor amps
- Inspection of fuses and wiring
- Tightening of electrical connections
- Inspection of contractors, relays, and pressure controls
- Inspection of electrical safety circuits
- Check of voltage and amperage to all motors
Forced-Air Furnaces: Let There Be Heat
The winter months would be nigh unbearable without central heating. Read on to learn how forced-air furnaces keep things toasty.
There’s nothing quite as awful as being able to see your breath on a cold winter’s night from your own living-room couch. Unfortunately, heating systems have been known to break down, often when the thermometer reaches its lowest depths. Although mechanics train for years to be able to fix faulty furnaces, the forced-air system itself is relatively straightforward, consisting of only four main parts: the thermostat, the burner, the heat exchanger, and the blower.
Once the thermostat senses that the air temperature has dropped below a set number (say, 72 degrees Fahrenheit), it sends an electrical signal to the burner. Attached to the burner is the gas valve, which controls the flow of fuel, and the igniter, which sets the fuel ablaze safely within the metal confines of the burner. Next to the burner is the heat exchanger, a piece of metal that warms quickly over the flames of the burner. The blower sends cold air whooshing over the exchanger, quickly raising the air’s temperature as it enters the duct system to warm the house and swiftly melt any snowballs trapped in the vents.
- Each room typically has two vents—one for the hot air and one to carry the colder air back to the furnace, where the cycle repeats.
- As soon as the desired temperature is reached, the thermostat shuts off the burner to conserve energy.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 50 km. of zip code L3R 1A5. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required, 48hr cancellation notice required. Lennox EL195E furnace comes with a 10-year parts warranty with product registration. Includes standard install and removal/disposal of old unit. Any addition or modification of duct work and pump will cost extra. Unit eligible for $250 Ontario Rebate. Does not include tax and must be paid to the merchant at the time of installation. Servicing the following areas: Toronto and GTA, York, Durham and Peel regions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.