Ancient theater architects used complex arrangements of proscenium arches to obscure actors’ secret identities; today, the same work is done by an invisible fourth wall. Explore the interpretive richness of opaque walls with today’s Groupon: for $18, you get a child or an adult ticket to the Alliance Theatre's family musical Honk! on the Alliance Stage at the Woodruff on Peachtree Street (up to a $37.40 value; handling and tax fees included). Groupon customers get the best available seats (see the Alliance Stage seating chart). Choose from the following performances:
- Saturday, March 5 at 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 12 at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, March 13 at 1 p.m.
Winner of the prestigious Regional Theatre Tony Award in 2007, the Alliance Theatre has launched original Broadway hits, including Elton John and Tim Rice’s Aida, and has a 40-year history of family-production excellence. Honk!, an Olivier Award–winning British import, adapts Hans Christian Andersen’s The Ugly Duckling into a humorous and touching musical format, trimming down the dystopian ultraviolence of the original. A colorful cast of dulcet-toned fowl, frogs, and cats populate the classic fable about tolerance and molting, exchanging banter kids will enjoy and advice they can use on the playground or when confronted with hostile tax officials for the first time. Honk! is suitable for kids ages 4 and up, and minor changes have been made to localize the British script for American audiences, such as less marked pronunciation of the u's in the scene set at a Lourd’s many-splendoured manour.
- Seating is great—even all the way in the back— but I do prefer the center orchestra rows. Parking is much less of a hassle these days, now that the garage is finished and they offer valet service as well. – Maria S., Yelp, 10/18/10
- they have some gummy bears and other wonderful snacks....I would definitely go back to see another play...I really had a nice time tonight! – Kelly H., Yelp, 9/9/08