- For $67, a one-night stay for two adults and up to two kids in a king or double-queen room Sunday–Thursday
- Or, for $127, a two-night stay for two adults and up to two kids in a king or double-queen room on Friday and Saturday
Included in both options:
$15 dining credit to w xyz bar<p>
Smart Boutique Hotel Abuzz with Youthful Energy
Box lighting reflects off a lime-green loveseat, a pool table draped in pink, and funky minimalist tables in the lounge area of Aloft Hotel Winchester. The room’s youthful vibe carries over to the quaint but bustling town that hosts the hotel, where hordes of students from nearby Shenandoah University mingle with shoppers in its thoroughfares and cafés. The front doors of the eco-friendly hotel blend seamlessly into the buzzing atmosphere of Winchester, appearing, at first glance, to be a brand new, stylish university loft.
After parking cars in the complimentary on-site lot and checking in at the modern lobby reception area, visitors swing open the door on their king or double-queen room, which lets in sunlight through extra-large windows and fosters tall human pyramids thanks to extra-high ceilings. Tired travelers can fling themselves onto either a signature plush king-size platform bed or two queen beds wrapped in crisp white linens and flick on the 42-inch flat-screen LCD television or log into laptops to take advantage of complimentary in-room WiFi. Bliss spa products furnish the bathroom, which welcomes guests with a walk-in shower. A mini fridge hums quietly in a corner, set to hold snacks and drinks from the re:fuel grab ‘n’ go deli downstairs.
Sojourners reenter the world outside their rooms at Aloft’s in-house lounge and eatery, the w xyz bar—a popular Winchester bar that serves up cocktails, a snack menu, and events till midnight. Aloft’s splash pool and fitness center help travelers burn off steam from early morning until late at night.
Winchester, Virginia: Historically Quaint Town with Modern Diversions
Aloft Winchester rubs shoulders with the Shenandoah University and is just a short drive to the diverting Old Town, whose vast network of streets frees up walkers to wander through more than 200 shops, galleries, and restaurants. Guided walking tours add a touch of history to quaint thoroughfares. Various historical markers pop up along the way; one points toward a preserved general’s Civil War headquarters complete with restored antique furnishings and a museum of personal artifacts.
Local, seasonal dishes abound at Winchester’s myriad eateries. Just outside of the town, a wooded wilderness park plays host to more than 200 wild animals from around the world. Visitors can get up close and personal with the likes of lions and monkeys, or they give tamer beasts food in exchange for penny stock tips in a feeding area.
Though Aloft Winchester Hotel sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
Our Recommendations for Your Getaway
- Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters<p> The well-preserved 1861–1862 headquarters of Civil War leader General “Stonewall” Thomas Jackson has guided tours, maintained household furnishings, and a museum of personal artifacts.</p>
- One Block West<p> This local favorite boasts seasonal, creative cuisine and an outdoor patio; reservations are suggested.</p>
- Old Town Winchester<p> More than 200 shops, galleries, and restaurants line this quaint, popular downtown area, which has guided walking tours and plenty of parking.</p>
- Wilson’s Wild Animal Park<p> A 20-acre wooded park is home to wild animals from across the world, including lions, monkeys, and camels. A feeding area with domestic animals allows visitors to get up close. </p>