Without proper weather proofing, homes can incur heightened energy costs, increased mold, and frequent visits from snowmen looking to crash on a couch. Keep out melting houseguests with this Groupon.
- $100 for a home energy audit ($400 value)
During a home energy audit, technicians ascertain a home’s ability to maintain temperatures through proper sealing of doors and windows. The service includes:
- Diagnostic blower door test
- Thermal imaging camera scan
- Air-leakage and insulation analysis
- Bathroom/kitchen exhaust fan flow testing
- Visual mold and moisture inspection
- Carbon monoxide testing; ambient
- Written report outlining significant findings
- Itemized estimate of recommended repairs, if necessary
- $250 in energy efficient upgrades
- Assessment if the home qualifies for utility rebates<p>
This deal is valid for homes up to 3,000 square feet that reside within Montgomery, Fairfax, and Loudon counties. Customers whose homes measure above the allotted space will incur a $50 free.<p>
America's Best Energy Team
America's Best Energy Team can help clients see stars—ENERGY STARs, that is. A subsidiary of award-winning contracting company North Virginia Roofing, America's Best probes residences with all manner of diagnostic equipment to determine the building's energy efficiency. With blower equipment, they check to see if doors leading outside maintain an airtight seal and seek out air-leakage sites. Beyond diagnostics, they can also work to seal air-leaks and add insulation by installing new windows, re-caulking, installing weather stripping on doors, replacing old siding, sealing leaky floors and holes in ductwork, and updating outdated heating and cooling systems that still run on hamster power.