Sweating is like taking a nice shower, except the water is coming from inside of you. Let it out with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $39 for 5 kids’ jiujitsu classes plus a uniform (a $140 value)
- $49 for 10 kids’ jiujitsu classes plus a uniform (a $190 value)
- $19 for one two-hour women’s group self-defense class plus a T-shirt (a $49 value)
- $49 for three two-hour women’s group self-defense class plus a T-shirt (a $147 value)
- $99 for one two-hour women’s self-defense class for a group of up to 10 plus T-shirts (a $499 value)
Women’s self-defense classes take place on Saturdays. Kids’ jiujitsu classes take place Monday and Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
American Black Belt Academy
To weather his career as a master sergeant and a decorated Special Forces combat veteran, Shihan Randy McElwee needed a solid grasp on combat maneuvers. Nowadays, the retired McElwee teaches the pragmatic self-defense skills that got him through battle at his martial-arts studio, American Black Belt Academy. The school specializes in the official hand-to-hand combat system of the US military: Gracie Brazilian jujitsu. The system’s standing and ground moves harness leverage to take on larger opponents as well as help participants neutralize surprise attacks. For a broader focus, students can opt for an integrated martial-arts fitness workout, which combines jujitsu with muay thai kickboxing and Japanese shotokan karate. Regardless of their specificity, all of the studio’s classes enhance focus, self-confidence, and courage when the laundry room’s light goes out.