Oktoberfest celebrates German culture, unlike Valentine’s Day, which celebrates loneliness and candy made of chalk dust. Celebrate some finer eats and feelings with today’s Groupon for admission to Oktoberfest at the American German Club in Lake Worth. Choose from the following options.
- For $7, you get two admissions (a $14 value).
- For $10, you get three admissions (a $21 value).
- For $12, you get four admissions (a $28 value).<p>
Children age 12 and younger are admitted free.
Oktoberfest takes place on the following dates:
- Friday, October 7, from 5 p.m to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8, from noon to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, October 9, from noon to 8 p.m.
- Friday, October 14, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, October 15, from noon to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, October 16, from noon to 8 p.m.<p>
The American German Club is dedicated to preserving German cultural customs through concerts, dances, and annual indoor Oktoberfest celebrations with German fare, beer, and entertainment. Revel in modern and traditional Bavarian habitudes as Stella, Widmer Brothers hefeweizen, and Beck’s Oktoberfest pulled from tapped beer barrels wash down German delicacies such as soft pretzels and bratwurst. Melodies from authentic German bands Bayerisch Bluat and The Heldensteiner drift into aural canals, and eyes feast on a daily Parade of Flags as colorful as a sunset over Candy Land. Seasonal bratwurst enthusiasts can enter a drawing to win a trip to Germany for two.
American German Club
The American German Club started in 1967 with a simple idea: to make German culture accessible to everyone. In the intervening years, the founders' hopes have born fruit. Today, visitors flock to their organization's Bavarian-style clubhouse for German festivities, such as:
- Oktoberfest: An annual beer festival approaching its 50th year, featuring steins full of Hofbräu Bier and plates of sizzling bratwurst. Live Bavarian music and spontaneous sing-alongs keep patrons entertained, as does a ceremonial keg-tapping.
- Christkindlmart: A outdoor German market stocked with holiday treats, from hand-crafted Christmas ornaments and jewelry to gingerbread houses visitors can decorate. As they shop, patrons sip beers and glühwein, a hot spiced wine.
- Masskrugstemmen: A stein-holding competition that proves hand-strength can get you more than a perfectly-cracked pistachio. The champion goes to New York to compete at a national level.
5111 Lantana Rd.
Lake Worth, Florida 33463Get Directions