What You'll Get
Today’s side deal will make Broadway fanatics and sinister teens alike break into song, and probably the same song: for $65, you get admission to American Idiot at the St. James Theatre (a $122 value). Seats will be located in the orchestra and at the front of the mezzanine. Choose from one of the following showtimes:
- Tuesday, September 21 at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 22 at 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 23 at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 28 at 7:00 p.m.
The blockbuster punk-rock opera, based on Green Day’s hit 2004 album American Idiot, tells the tale of a tormented generation of youngsters struggling to come to terms with the new realities of its post-9/11 times. A riveting and youthful cast of 19, led by Tony-winner John Gallagher Jr., takes to the industrial, TV-studded stage and plays up the passions and rage of its generation while an eight-person on-stage band provides the iconic tunes. Seats to the show are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, so purchase multiple tickets in the same transaction if you want to sit with friends. Tickets can be picked up at will-call at the theater.
- "American Idiot” jolts you right back to the dizzying roller coaster of young adulthood, that turbulent time when ecstasy and misery almost seem interchangeable states, flip sides of the coin of exaltation. It captures with a piercing intensity that moment in life when everything seems possible, and nothing seems worth doing, or maybe it’s the other way around. – Charles Isherwood, New York Times
- And thus “American Idiot,” the show, delivers a thick, gorgeous head rush of a musical soundscape without current Broadway parallel. It turns out to offer the kind of sensual lushness that a lot more traditional musicals would kill to emulate. That's mostly due to the brilliance of Tom Kitt's orchestrations, adding violin, cello, weight and gravitas to the Green Day sound without blunting its aggressive edge. – Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid for date and show purchased only. Must pick up tickets at Will Call on night of show. Must purchase together for group seating. Seating assigned by order of purchase. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.