The foundations of American cuisine can be traced to the Declaration of Independence, in which Thomas Jefferson promised the nation "life, liberty, and the pursuit of bottomless french fries." Honor our forefathers with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $45 for dinner for two, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to $81 total value)
- $55 for dinner for two, valid any day (up to $81 total value)
- $89 for dinner for four, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to $162 total value)
- $95 for dinner for four, valid any day (up to $162 total value)
- View the menus.
For dinner, each pair receives:
- One appetizer (up to $15 value)
- Two entrees (up to $23 value each)
- Two drinks (up to $10 value each)
American Junkie's sprawling, 17,000-square-foot River North restaurant and bar is about as "made in America" as it gets. All of the eatery's furniture was custom-crafted here in these United States, a giant American flag nearly covers an entire wall, and row upon row of flat-screen TVs make it easy for locals to root for their home teams. The kitchen is helmed by Chef Kendal Duque, who was named a James Beard Award semifinalist for Best Chef: Great Lakes in 2008. Duque loves to add a contemporary twist with entrees such as bison burgers, wild-boar hot dogs, and duck-breast pasta carbonara. The similarly pan-national lineup of draft microbrews include Sierra Nevada pale ale and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. A retractable roof opens up the restaurant for a bit of fresh air when the weather's warm and the neighborhood birds ask nicely.