The American Princess sails on weekends from Riis Landing in Rockaway for two-hour tours of Atlantic waters where seals and rare birds roam
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- What’s included: Snacks and beverages are available aboard, large heated cabin, video/slide presentations during the trip. A naturalist will give a presentation during the trip and serve as the guide for the trip.
- Duration: about two hours
- Departure time: about 12 p.m. (appointment required)
- Departure location: Riis Landing, Heinzelman Rd. and State Rd. intersection, West Side of Marine Pkwy Bridge, Breezy Point, NY
- Free admission for children under 5
- Click here to view the available dates and times
- Coolers and outside alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- Must book and sail by the expiration date on voucher (including makeup dates for a canceled trip)
The large vessel has a full bar, including hot chocolate, tea, coffee, spiked coffee, and other beverages, and is also equipped with a snack bar and galley. Passengers spend two hours gazing out of sizable viewing windows in a large, heated cabin with cushioned seating, enjoying scenic skyline views and spotting Harbor and Grey seals, with the occasional Harp and Hooded seal sighting, as well as a variety of birds. On warmer days, guests can take insights from the ship’s canopy-covered upper deck. There is a naturalist on board guiding the tour, that gives a presentation on marine life, seals, birds, and the surrounding area on the way. There is also a slideshow which is displayed on big screen TVs, showing pictures, posters, and exhibits. The naturalist is available throughout the trip for any questions.
About American Princess Cruises
American Princess Cruises is New York's full time Whale Watching company, set sail with an experienced whale watching crew. The 95-foot American Princess, steers passengers over the Atlantic Ocean's scenic waters on many noted tours that leave the city's commotion behind, including the dolphin and whale watching tour that earned a Daily News mention or their seal and bird watching tour that earned a New Yorker mention. Staffed by a team of experienced captains on its luxury boat, American Princess Cruises' excursions encompass a variety of sightseeing, cruising, tours, and partying opportunities. The company offers a plethora of experiences for customers, including boat rides with views of the NYC Skyline and Statue Liberty, Adventure Cruises, and Moonlight cruises. Cruises also allow customers to take in sights of various wildlife indigenous to the area - including whales, seals, birds, and dolphins - all in New York City's backyard. Also, American Princess Cruises is a Whale Sense participant promoting responsible whale watching. American Princess Cruises collaborates with marine scientists to support research and advocacy of marine wildlife by providing data from each of our trips.