- Voted Best Powerboat Rental in 2010 by the Miami New Times
- Stunning city & coastal views
- Yamaha jet skis
- Red Cross–trained staff
About This Deal
Contrary to popular belief, boats are actually much safer than cars, which inexplicably sink every time you drive them on water. Take a proper water road ride with today’s Groupon, which gets you a boat or jet-ski tour from American WaterSports in Coconut Grove. Choose from three options:
- $199 for a two-hour private boat tour for up to 10 passengers (a $401.25 value)
- $145 per couple for a two-hour champagne cruise (a $300 value)
- $99 for a 90-minute guided jet-ski tour for up to two passengers (a $149 value)
American WaterSports, voted Best Powerboat Rental in 2010 by the Miami New Times, takes adventurers on optically exhilarating tours of the Miami coastline. Excursions set sail from Coconut Grove and make their way through the blissful blue north in the Biscayne Bay. As you groove past Grove Isle and the architecturally impressive Rickenbacker Causeway, your pupils will feast on views of pristine Key Biscayne, Virginia Key beaches, and Miami's 151-foot-tall statue of Bruce Lee. Tours also cruise by Fisher Island and South Beach, often stopping at Memorial Island, a piece of paradise completely free of roads and the noisy cars painted to look like cats that traverse them. Invite yourself and up to nine friends on a two-hour private boat tour in one of the luxurious vessels in the American WaterSports fleet ($375 plus tax, a $401.25 value). Or plan a champagne-soaked getaway for you and your main squeeze, another couple, or couple of couples. You'll sail on a 43-foot catamaran yacht with snacks and bubbly included (a $300 value per couple). This yacht can hold up to 12 people.
If you opt for a jet-ski tour, you and a skimate will climb aboard one of American WaterSports' high-performance Yamaha jet skis and spend 90 minutes exploring the coastline at jaw-dropping or snail-soothing speeds. Guided tours are led by an experienced water motorist that accompanies you on a separate jet ski. The guide will relate local folklore and secrets, along with the basics of human-starfish communication. All of American WaterSports' staff members are first-aid trained and adult-CPR/AED certified by both the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the American Red Cross.
Security deposit required. You must be 18 or older to reserve a boat or jet-ski tour. All ages are welcome on boat tours, but only passengers aged 21 and over may take the champagne cruise. You must be 14 or older to drive jet ski. Drivers under 22 need a Florida boating permit to drive, which can be issued at American WaterSports.
American WaterSports was voted Best Powerboat Rental in 2010 by the Miami New Times. Five Insider Pagers give it a perfect five-star average. Five Citysearchers and six Yahoo! Locals give it a 4.5-star average.
- Whether you need an eight-passenger 20-footer for cruising Biscayne Bay, want to take an excursion to Key West in a 37-foot sea cruiser with a tuna tower, or just wish to jet ski for a couple of hours, American WaterSports has the vessel for you. – Miami New Times
- Wow what a ride, did the 1 hour jet ski tour with my girl and it was amazing. Flying through Miami at high speeds on the water. What a way to see the city. – Marc, Yahoo! Local