Visitors explore the past and present of the American literature to rediscover their love for reading or get inspired to write in the future
What You'll Get
The American Writers Museum is temporarily closed as of Saturday, March 14th. Click here for additional information.
- General Admission for One
- General Admission for Two
General Admission for Four
- Reduced-rate parking is available when pre-purchased online; click here to pre-purchase parking at Millennium Garages.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for Group Tours. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 120 days. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The American Writers Museum
Throughout history, writers have influenced history and culture to become a voice of people's daily lives. The American Writers Museum aims to celebrate American authors past and present by engaging and educating the public through a variety of innovative and dynamic exhibitions.
- Size: six walk-through exhibits with interactive kiosks and displays of American authors and writing styles
- Eye Catcher: The Mind of a Writer exhibit featuring an interactive display where guests can write stories on paper, typewriters, or digital devices and post them on the museum's story wall
- Permanent Exhibits: The Stead Family Foundation Writers Hall, A Nation of Writers, Wintrust Chicago Gallery, and the Negaunee Foundation Children's Literature Gallery showcasing American children's book authors as well as a space to read and interact
- Visiting Exhibit: "My America: Immigrant and Refugee Writers Today" and "Tools of the Trade"
- Don't Miss: Tuesday First Books series welcoming emerging and established authors and highlighting their first works